Responsible for the resource development of applicants, recruitment of qualified individuals and development of recruitment strategies to achieve required staffing levels for Scott & White.
CONDUCTS RECRUITMENT ACTIVITIES TO IDENTIFY BEST QUALIFIED CANDIDATES IN SUPPORT OF STAFFING GOALS.
ACTS AS VALUABLE RESOURCE TO HIRING MANAGERS IN MEETING STAFFING OBJECTIVES.
- Researches and analyzes recruitment opportunities and resources; Provides a recruitment plan for areas of responsibility
- Effectively screens applicants, selects best qualified and conducts confidential reference/credential checks; Diligently tracks and insures timely follow-up with applicants.
- Clearly and accurately communicates job duties and responsibilities, benefits, pay, hours, promotional opportunities and other related information to prospective candidates.
- Identifies effective advertising strategies, composes ad copy as needed and places ads in timely manner and in accordance with guidelines set by the Recruitment Manager.
- Identifies and participates in local, state and national job/career fairs and conventions; Provides assessment of each as a source to generate qualified applicants; Coordinates with appropriate management staff.
ACTS AS A VALUABLE RESOURCE TO NEWLY HIRED STAFF MEMBERS.
- Collaborates with hiring managers/supervisors in advance of open positions to understand staffing needs and develop effective, ongoing recruitment strategies.
- Effectively and proactively communicates with hiring managers/supervisors, keeping them well informed of the status of open positions and recruitment activities.
- Provide guidance to hiring managers/supervisors regarding issues related to Scott & White's recruitment and selection processes, and related policies.
- Provide guidance to hiring managers/supervisors as the first line of communications when dealing with employee relations issues
PARTICIPATES IN PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND SERVICE IMPROVEMENT INITIATIVES.
- Ensures employment paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner to assure efficient processing of new hire information.
- Serves as first contact for newly hired employees regarding employment processes and human resources related issues; Diligently follows up with new hires to assure effective transition to work site.
- Active participation in Nursing activities/committees to support the recruitment/retention function
PERFORMS OTHER POSITION APPROPRIATE DUTIES AS REQUIRED IN A COMPETENT, PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS MANNER.
- Actively seeks training and development opportunities to further knowledge of human resources and stay current with changes and new ideas within the recruiting profession.
- Acts as a collaborator and partner with Human Resources staff to assure most effective delivery of recruitment services in conjunction with other HR services.
- Participates in the development, review and update of policies, procedures and practices related to recruitment services; Makes recommendations to the Recruitment Manager regarding improvements in delivery of recruitment services.
- Actively utilizes and participates in the enhancement of human resources information systems in order to achieve maximum utilization of available technology in support of recruitment and application processes.
- Actively pursues, develops and maintains professional relationships with colleges, universities and community resources in support of organizational recruitment objectives.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY
- Licensed to practice professional nursing by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas required. PHR certification preferred.
- 6 months full time experience or BSN preferred. Clinical recruitment/selection experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff required.
Scott & White - 19 months ago