The hours for this position are M-F 7am-10am
Nurse Position Summary:
Ensures exceptional care to and the nurtures the children in The Children's Workshop's child care centers by performing the following duties.
- Responds to all parent/guardian concerns in a prompt and professional manner at all times regardless of incidence at hand.
- Maintains level of professionalism when assisting parents/guardians visiting the center office with comments or concerns.
- Acts as a role model and mentor to all staff, following good health procedures.
- Follows the company policy regarding dress code and personal appearance at all times.
- Attends all workshops, trainings and conferences sharing information with staff and parents as needed.
- Maintains all child files and updates current immunization records, physicals, and lead screenings.
- Maintains data and completes the yearly state record checks of children within the Center.
- Notifies parents of child illnesses that may include, but not limited to, fever, conjunctivitis, diarrhea, vomiting, rashes in conjunction with the Center Director.
- Dispenses m edi cation to the children as needed, with authorization and awareness of all health issues.
- Takes care of children in distress.*
- Responds appropriately in an emergency situation and/or drill in the absence of, or in conjunction with the Director.
- Oversees health and cleanliness routines of the staff and children, mentoring and teaching the importance of OSHA standards.
- Assists in CPR class schedules with outside trainers as needed. If certified, will instruct CPR courses.
- Travels to other company centers as needed in the absence of a fellow nurse.
- Advises staff and families concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Examines children regularly to assess their growth and development.
- Collects, records, and maintains children information, such as m edi cal history, reports, and examination results.
- Acts as an assistant in the classroom as needed by performing any other related duties as needed.
- Acts as a team player by working with each center to ensure the children’s health needs are taken care of in a professional and efficient manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Licensed LPN or RN through State of Rhode Island
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Ability to respond in an emergency situation required
- Ability to be flexible in work assignment and work hours required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms and travel. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
The Children's Workshop - 19 months ago
At The Children's Workshop we're not a large company with a cookie-cutter approach. Each of our programs is unique and designed to reflect...