This is a 9-month academic year, non-tenure track position located on the Tucson campus. Anticipated start date is August 19, 2013.
- Send electronic letter of interest, CV with employment phone numbers and contacts, official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, names and contact information from 3 professional references to Dr. Debera Thomas, Debera.firstname.lastname@example.org , or mail to PO Box 15035, Flagstaff, AZ 86011.
- Faculty member will be responsible for teaching theory and clinical courses in the undergraduate nursing program. Areas of clinical specialty include Adult Medical/Surgical Nursing. In addition to teaching, the faculty is expected to serve on departmental committees and advise students.
- Master's degree in Nursing.
- Minimum of three years of nursing clinical experience.
- Prior nursing teaching experience.
- Eligible for RN license in Arizona.
- Prior experience teaching in baccalaureate nursing education.
- Doctoral degree in nursing or related field.
- Teaching experience in nursing using distance learning technology.
- Experience with rural health care.
- Evidence of commitment to a diverse population.
- Advanced practice certification.
- Must be willing to travel to distant sites.
- The nursing programs at Northern Arizona University have achieved statewide recognition through a unique educational focus on rural health care, partnerships with community college nursing programs, and leadership using distance technologies, geared at increasing access to nursing education at both the graduate and undergraduate levels for students in rural communities. Currently, the School of Nursing has distinct options for students seeking baccalaureate, masters and doctoral (DNP) degrees in nursing. Options include a traditional pre-licensure four (4) year option, a twelve month accelerated BSN option, an RN to BSN option, and a concurrent enrollment program partnering with Maricopa and Pima Community Colleges. We offer the traditional pre-licensure option at a site on the Navajo Nation in St. Michaels, Arizona, Tucson and Yuma as well as the main campus in Flagstaff. Our graduate programs are offered in an online format. We offer a Master of Science with a nursing major that has a nurse practitioner track and nurse generalist track, as well as a DNP is offered for advanced practice nurses.
- Northern Arizona University has a student population of about 25,000 at its main campus in Flagstaff and at over 30 sites across the state.
- Committed to a diverse and civil working and learning environment, NAU has earned a solid reputation as a university with all the features of a large institution but with a personal touch. NAU carefully balances teaching, scholarship and service with a faculty and staff dedicated to each student's success. All faculty members are expected to promote student learning and help students achieve academic outcomes.
- While our emphasis is undergraduate education, we offer a wide range of graduate programs and research that extend to such national concerns as forest health and bioterrorism. Our institution has carefully integrated on-campus education with distance learning, forming seamless avenues for students to earn degrees.
- Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification prior to employment. You will also be required to complete a fingerprint background check. Additionally, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
- $59,000-$62,000 depending on experience and qualifications.
- This position will be open until filled or closed. Review of applications will begin on February 15, 2013.
Northern Arizona University - 18 months ago