Instruction (traditional, hybrid, & online), scholarship, and service with an emphasis in the advanced practice nursing program in the master's, graduate certificate, and doctoral programs in nursing primarily in Rochester and the surrounding area
• Working effectively with health care industry and community affiliates in advanced practice issues
• Teaching emphasis in such areas as advanced pathophysiology, advanced health assessment, health promotion, evidence-based practice, epidemiology, translational science, implementation science, health behavior change and other areas as needed to meet the requirements of this CCNE accredited program
• Advising graduate students
• Advising students in master's and doctoral scholarly projects
• Maintaining an active scholarship program
• Communicating effectively and participating actively in a CCNE accredited department of nursing with undergraduate and graduate programs
• Contributing to non-teaching governance activities and to community service needs utilizing professional nursing expertise
• Earned doctorate in nursing or related field
• If enrolled in a doctoral program, candidate must be near completion of the degree requirements
• Master's in Nursing from a CCNE, NLNAC, or ACEN accredited program required with clinical expertise according to Minnesota statutes
• Evidence of demonstrated scholarship
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse with current registration or eligible for licensure in MN and WI
• National certification and APRN registration or eligible for APRN registration in MN or WI.
• Candidate must be eligible to meet background study requirements according to Minnesota statutes
• Experience as a nurse leader within a healthcare organization
• Demonstrated potential for excellence in didactic and clinical teaching at the graduate level
• Evidence of potential to work cooperatively with colleagues and students
• Demonstrated potential for advising graduate students, including thesis or DNP scholarly projects
• Demonstrated potential for leadership and working effectively with clinical agencies
• Evidence of experience working with diverse populations
• Teaching and/or work experience in subject area
• Use of computer and educational technology to enhance instruction (e.g., online learning platforms, synchronous webinars, etc.)
The applicant should demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled; Review begins immediately
APPLICATION MATERIALS: In addition to completing the online application, please attach the following to your application: 1) A cover letter addressing how you meet the responsibilities and qualifications; 2) Resume/CV; 3) Transcripts (undergraduate and graduate); and 4) a list of at least 3 references, with addresses and telephone numbers.
If you have questions regarding your application, please contact Lori Mikl, Director of Affirmative Action/Equity & Legal Affairs, Winona State University at email@example.com or (507) 457-2766.
APPOINTMENT DATE: August 18, 2014
RANK: Assistant/Associate Professor
SALARY: Commensurate w/ Experience
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Probationary (9 month appointment)
POSITION AVAILABLE PENDING BUDGETARY APPROVAL.
NOTE: Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement between the Inter Faculty Organization (IFO) and the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Board of Trustees which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/index.html.
1. In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business, whether using a personal, rental or state vehicle, shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
2. Persons writing letters of reference should be advised of Minnesota's open record law which can make such letters available to applicants upon request.
A member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System. An equal opportunity educator and employer. Women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.