Minneapolis Community and Technical College is a two-year college located in downtown Minneapolis, serving the diverse, multicultural communities of the Twin Cities. MCTC enrolls 58% students of color. The college provides a comprehensive offering of developmental, liberal arts, pre-professional, professional, and technical programs.
Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State College Faculty which can be found at:
1 F ull-Time Probationary (This is the two-year college equivalent of a tenure-track position.)
Date of Appointment: Beginning Fall Semester 2014/August 20, 2014
Number of Openings -2
Examples of Duties:
- Teach both nursing theory and off campus clinical labs in a National League for Nursing accredited and Minnesota Board of Nursing approved nursing pathway program leading to a Practical Nursing Diploma exit option & an Associate in Science Degree in Nursing exit option
- Teach and test nursing skills in an on-campus laboratory setting, including simulation
- Teaching of day, evening, on- and off-campus and online coursework are all potential assignments.
- Development and revision of courses and instructional materials for both theory and laboratory courses
- Instruct clinical labs in acute care, long-term care and community settings
- Assessment of student outcomes at the course, department and college general education levels
- Commitment to providing quality instruction and services to a very diverse student population
- Active participation in level and department meetings, coordination activities and college wide committees
- Collegial and cooperative work relationships with colleagues in the department, department support staff and all college personnel
- Participation in ongoing professional development activities and professional memberships
Must possess or meet minimum qualifications for the MnSCU credential field in Nursing - #500039 http://www.cfc.mnscu.edu/fields/Code/credentials.php?action=view&cid=186
Occupational Experience Requirement
- Master’s Degree in nursing, nursing administration, nursing education, public health nursing, or a nursing clinical specialty
- Current Minnesota RN licensure
- Two full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience as a registered nurse at the professional level.
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
- Five(5) full-time years of nursing experience
- Recent clinical practice experience (Med/Surg preferred)
- Experience teaching in an Associate Degree nursing program
- Teaching experience in nursing, including both theory and clinical/laboratory courses
- Experience with assessment of student learning
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching
- Experience teaching or working successfully with a diverse population
- Knowledge of and experience using contemporary teaching/learning techniques and strategies including use of active learning, service-learning/civic engagement, relevant computer software, web-based and web-enhanced approaches, and use of simulation.
- Experience developing and teaching online coursework or willingness to do so
- Coursework in teaching pedagogies and/or ten clock hours of education preparation in principles and methods of evaluation
HOW TO APPLY:
MATERIALS SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY ON OR BEFORE June 20, 2014 WILL RECEIVE PRIORITY REVIEW. OPEN UNTIL FILLED. Submit a cover letter, resume, unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts, names/addresses/telephone numbers/e-mail addresses of at least three references who can directly address the applicant’s qualifications for this position (prefer that at least one reference observed the applicant while acting in a teaching capacity), to
Copies of transcripts are acceptable for the screening process; however, the successful candidate must provide official transcripts at the time of hire.
An equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and encourages application from underrepresented groups. A member of the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities