The incumbent in this position works under the direction of and assists members of the professional nursing staff in providing nursing care to patients on an assigned nursing unit. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- High school graduate or the equivalent (GED).
- Satisfactory completion of Nursing Assistant training program or experience as a Nursing Assistant of one year or more.
- Current District of Columbia Nursing Assistant Certification preferred.
- BLS required.
- Six months experience working as a Nursing Assistant or Health Aide preferred.
- Ability to perform the basic nursing skills, which includes attending to personal hygiene and dietary needs of patients.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; basic math.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions in detail.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Step Down, Stepdown, Stepdown, Telemetry, Monitor, Monitoring, Acute Care, Nurse's Aide, Nurse Assistant, Nursing Assistant, CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant, NA, Patient Care Technician, PCT, CHHA, HHA, Home Health Aide, Medical Assistant, CMA, RMA, Certified Medical Assistant, Registered Medical Assistant
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital - 15 months ago
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest...