St. Mark’s Living seeks a Nursing Assistant Registered (NAR) to join its team. St. Mark's Living consists of 73 independent living and assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 61 nursing home beds, 21 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services and is located in Austin, Minnesota. Ecumen creates home for older adults wherever they choose to live. Our employees are dedicated to empowering our customers to lead richer, fuller lives and have consistently recognized Ecumen as a “Best Place to Work,” an award by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal.
The Nursing Assistant Registered (NAR) is responsible for providing for the needs of skilled nursing residents under the direction of the nursing staff in a respectful and caring manner. Specific responsibilities include:
Responsibilities for all Ecumen Positions:
- Provides care as outlined in the resident’s plan of care.
- Provides physical care to residents according to established procedures and performance standards including Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s). Monitoring vital signs and providing Range of Motion exercises in a manner that encourages independence and dignity.
- Assists with admissions and discharges.
- Responds to resident call lights and requests within established standards.
- Reports pertinent information and concerns regarding residents, families, staff, visitors and building operation to appropriate personnel.
- Reports changes in resident’s physical condition, behavior and level of independent functioning to the nurse.
- Accurately completes required documentation.
- Serves as a mentor for orientating new staff to the nursing assistant job duties and unit procedures and assist new employees in following established facility policies and procedures.
- Ability to provide input for resident care conferences and other facility meetings as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Acting with Honor and Character
2. Honoring Brand
- Ethics and Values : Engages in open and honest dialogue with others. Treats individuals respectfully, professionally and fairly.
- Integrity and Trust . Shows consistency between words and actions. Protects confidential (and sensitive) information. Effectively handles emotions, including anger and frustration.
3. Creating the new and different
- Personal Alignment : Models commitment to Ecumen's mission, vision, values. Demonstrates an understanding of how their role contributes and adds value to their business unit and Ecumen.
- Drive and Initiative : Sets high standards for his or her performance. Accepts responsibility for taking initial action.
- Creativity : Is willing to challenge the status quo. Encourages others to try new methods and approaches. Supports his/her team, even when the initial efforts are unsuccessful.
- Customer and Team Focus : Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Involves others in shaping plans and making decisions that affect them. Uses customer perspective, feedback and data for decision making and improvements in service delivery. Reliably and consistently demonstrates timely follow through and responsiveness to customer needs and requests. Champions initiatives that drive increased customer satisfaction.
This position requires a person who is at least 18 years of age and has the ability to attend nursing assistant course and successfully complete test to become a Nursing Assistant/Registered within the state of working if not previously obtained. This position also requires the employee to maintain Minnesota registration as a Nursing Assistant/Registered. All Ecumen employees must possess the ability to communicate effectively, including written and verbal skills; work well, both individually and as part of a team, through respect, collaboration and dedication; and successfully interact with a diverse culture base. The successful candidate must be able to prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently, and demonstrate a positive attitude, high integrity and ethical awareness.
EOE/AA. Drug Free Workplace.
Ecumen - 30+ days ago