• 1+ years’ nursing assistant experience in a clinic, hospital or nursing home setting.
• Ability to be anticipatory to the needs of the patient; to take initiative, be self-motivated and a proactive, independent, accountable, dependable performer.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information (both in written and oral form) clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
Must have one of the following:
• Successful completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant program from an accredited school or program, or equivalent certification per care center area;
• Successful completion of a state administered certification exam for nursing assistants; and/or
• Completion of one (1) semester of clinical rotation within an accredited nursing program.
The Nursing Assistant is responsible for assisting the care team by providing supportive, comforting and compassionate care to patients and families. Receives direction and collaborates with the care team to meet identified goals of the patient, shift, care center, and hospital. Regularly communicates with care team related to progress, concerns, questions, or issues that arise. Duties may vary based on the assigned patient care center and may include differences in clinical skills required of the Nursing Assistant. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
• Current BLS certification required.