Community of Hope (COH) is a nonprofit organization that supports low-income and homeless individuals, children and families in the District of Columbia by providing housing, healthcare, and supportive services. With 3 Federally Qualified Health Centers, employment and education support, temporary housing, permanent housing and rapid re-housing programs; we are a leader in improving the health and quality of life of our clients. Our caring, respectful and family-oriented approach helps strengthen the family unit by giving each family member the tools they need to live healthy, stable lives. In 2012, we received the Washington Post Excellence in Nonprofit Management award.
Assumes responsibility for the delivery of nursing services across the organization.
Provides oversight of clinical operations to ensure a high quality of care for patients.
- RN degree required.
- A current, unencumbered DC license with current CPR certification required.
- Knowledge of primary care and health maintenance required.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience with eClinical Works or other EHR preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to multitask required.
- Ability to facilitate meetings, teach others, and see projects through to completion required.
- Commitment to work with underserved populations required.
- Ability to work in a non-profit environment required.
- Bilingual in Spanish, Amharic, or French preferred.
Highlighted Duties and Responaibilities:
- Develops Clinical Protocols for nursing services that conform to current standards of nursing practice, organizational philosophy, and operational policies while maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Communicates policies, protocols, and procedures to nursing staff.
- Oversees and supervises the development and delivery of inservice education to ensure nursing staff is equipped with the knowledge and skills to provide high quality patient care.
- Participates in budget development for medical and nursing supplies; oversees these expenditures to ensure budget guidelines are met.
- Negotiates and establishes contracts/MOUs with external resources and vendors.
- Ensures that emergency equipment is available and functioning.
- Supervises Clinical Nurse Managers at all sites.
- Approves supervisees' time and expense reports in a conscientious and timely manner.
We offer great benefits including:
- Medical Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield.
- Dental Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield.
- Vision Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield.
- Life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursable expenses
- Transportation pre-tax payroll deduction for Metro
- Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave and holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement for graduate studies
- Employer paid lunch period
How to Apply
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume, and cover letter to: email@example.com
The subject of the email should only contain: Nursing Director
You may also fax resumes and cover letters to (202) 232-4022, Attention: HR Dept., referencing Nursing Director
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Community of Hope - 11 months ago
Community of Hope (COH) is a nonprofit organization that supports low-income and homeless individuals, children and families in the District...