Position Announcement: Nursing Educator
Northeastern Junior College in Sterling, Colorado invites qualified persons to apply for the position of Nursing Educator. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing instruction to students pursuing a Certificate in Practical Nursing and/or Associate Degree in Nursing. S/he will be required to instruct theory and laboratory courses and supervise students in the clinical setting. Additional duties will include recruiting and advising students and serving on college committees as requested.
For questions regarding the position, contact Julie Brower, Director of Nursing Programs, at 970-521-6707 or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.For more information about NJC, see the college’s web site at: www.njc.edu.
• Facilitation of a learning-centered classroom; real-life applications of content; and adaptation to today’s learning modalities.
• Service to students through student activities sponsorship and teamwork with peers in college activities, planning and committee responsibilities.
• Expertise demonstrated through the depth and currency of curricular knowledge; strong focus on learning; experience/skill in using new technologies; innovative delivery and curriculum development; excellent communication skills, excellent class and studio instruction skills.
• Positive attitude through dedication to NJC mission and values; willingness to accept and promote change; open-minded fairness and consideration of multiple perspective; willingness to take risks, work hard, accept responsibility for person/professional growth, lead and follow well, accept criticism, handle conflict, and motivate others.
• Commitment to cooperation, consensus building, collaboration, effective goal-setting and evaluation.
• Participation in community organizations and activities.
Master’s degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university with willingness to obtain Master’s degree in Nursing will be considered.
Current Colorado R.N. license required or ability to obtain one.
Must have or be able to obtain a Colorado Career & Tech Credential.
Two years recent clinical nursing experience required.
Prior teaching experience preferred.
This is a 163-day full-time faculty appointment. Employment to begin as soon as qualified candidate identified. Salary range $48,500 - $56,700 commensurate with education and experience. Competitive fringe benefit package available through the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education (SBCCOE).
Review of complete application packets to begin as received. Position will remain open until filled. Complete application packet to consist of:
Cover letter specifically addressing qualifications and committing to expectations
Completed NJC application form
College transcripts from accredited college or university (unofficial copies acceptable during application process)
Release Authorization (for background check)
Interviewed candidate will be required to prepare and deliver an actual classroom learning experience/demonstration
before the selection committee. The teaching experience should be 30 minutes in length. A topic will be given to
candidates at the time the interviews are scheduled.
Application files not containing the above documents will not be forwarded to the Selection Committee.
Request applications from and submit completed application materials to: Human Resources Office, Northeastern
Junior College, 100 College Avenue, Sterling, CO 80751. Contact Human Resources at 970-521-6661, or e-mail
request to: HumanResources@njc.edu. Faxed applications accepted at 970-521-6678.
By submitting an application for this announced position applicants are certifying that all statements,
information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of the applicant’s knowledge
and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue
information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or
subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with Northeastern Junior College; may
constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions
pursuant to law.
College/Community Profile: Northeastern Junior College, one of 13 member-colleges of the Community Colleges of Colorado, lies in the rural northeastern
Colorado town of Sterling. The community of approximately 14,000 Residences enjoys easy access to Denver, the Rocky Mountains and other front range cities.
Northeastern Junior College enrolls approximately 1,000 full-time and 2,500 part-time students through over 90 programs of study offering transfer degrees,
career and technical degrees and certificate programs. As a residential campus with five halls accommodating 600 students, the college attracts students from
throughout Colorado, many states and several foreign countries. Approximately 55 full-time and 25 part-time faculty comprise the teaching staff.
Notice to all Applicants:
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
• Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
• Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
• Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
• NJC is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security
for retirement benefits. For more information, visit www.copera.org.
• Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of
termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective
employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the NJC website at
www.njc.edu/~/media/Publications/CampusSafety12pdf.ashx . A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the Student Service Office upon request. This
report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Northeastern Junior
College, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The Northeastern Junior College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability in the
admission, access, treatment or employment in its programs or activities. Inquiries about Title VI, Title VII, Title IX and Section 504 should be made to Renee
Johnson, Walker Hall Rm. 102, 100 College Avenue, Sterling, CO 80751.
Northeastern Junior College prohibits and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment that violates federal or state law, Board Policy 3-120 or Board Policy 4-
120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status, religion or sexual orientation. The College complies with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, the
Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act,
Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978, Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974; Executive Order 11246, and sections 24-34-301, C.R.S. et
seq. For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Renee Johnson, Interim Director
of Human Resources at 100 College Ave., Walker Hall, Rm. 102, Sterling, CO 80751 or by phone at 970-521-6730, or e-mail at email@example.com.
“Northeastern Junior College is a comprehensive two-year institution that is committed to providing excellence in learning, training, and service. We strive to
produce skilled and knowledgeable students who transfer successfully and enter the workforce productively. We strive to enrich the quality of lives through
affordable and accessible learning opportunities.”
- 22 months ago - save job