Reporting to the Academic Dean and Department of Nursing & Health Sciences Chair, duties include those listed in addition to assignments from the Academic Dean and Department Chair: didactic and clinical instruction in a range of professional nursing topics including responsibility for assessment, planning, development, implementation and evaluation of all classroom and clinical experiences; participation in department and College governance; student advisement.
- Primary expertise required in adult health, pathophysiology, and health assessment.
- Expertise in additional areas of nursing practice is desirable (maternal and/or child health, community health, research, informatics, health care management, policy, and/or health education).
- Experience in program management, simulation learning,
and distance or non-traditional education is also desirable.
- Master's Degree in Nursing
- Preference to those with an earned Doctorate in Nursing or a related field (consideration may be given for candidates nearing completion of a doctoral program)
- Current California RN licensure (or immediate eligibility)
- Must meet CA BRN eligibility requirements
- At least one (1) year of direct patient care in the designated area of expertise within the previous five (5) years.
- Minimum of one (1) year of teaching experience in a professional nursing program or completion of a post-baccalaureate course that includes practice in teaching registered nursing
Pacific Union College - 18 months ago