Bachelor of Nursing (BSN)
Current Healthcare Provider CPR Card
Registered Nurse License Required
Minimum of 7 years of experience
The Education and Research department at Saint Agnes is seeking a part-time Informatics Nurse Educator to provide ongoing education to our clinical nursing staff.
SUMMARY: The Clinical Practice Educator for nursing informatics will be responsible for training and technical support to nurses to ensure electronic documentation systems are implemented and utilized appropriately, while ensuring efficient and effective patient care delivery processes and outcomes. Frequent communication outside of the work group is required. Responsibility exists to ensure that internal customers are satisfied with service.
The Clinical Practice Educator carries out responsibilities in accordance with Ascension Health Core Values, St. Agnes policies/procedures, and applicable civil laws. Is accountable for efficient use of resources and support of the St. Agnes mission.
Trains, educates and coordinates electronic documentation activities which includes but is not limited to the functions listed below.
· Works with nursing team to train staff on clinical computer system applications as part of nursing orientations and continuing/ongoing education.
· Prepares, educates and provides technical support to nursing staff when a new computer system is integrated into the healthcare workflow
· Participates in MEDITECH upgrades and works with the nursing informatics subgroup to test related modifications and enhancements when needed.
· Works closely with staff nurses and managers to identify and resolve system (application) problems and procedures.
· Participates on nursing application related projects under the guidance/direction of his/her supervisor.
· Coordinates and facilitates the work of the nursing departmental MEDITECH super-users.
· Troubleshoots application issues at the unit level
· Provides just in time (at the point of care) learning opportunities for nursing staff
· Works closely with nursing core councils; coordinating appropriate data collection and analyses related to electronic documentation compliance and utilization.
· Participates in activities related to electronic documentation of patient education.
· Supports and/or establishes evidence based care and nursing informatics research projects
Required License, Certification, and/or Registration: Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maryland or compact state. Current certification in Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Preferred License, Certification, and/or Registration: Nursing informatics training and/or certificate
Required Experience: A minimum of 7 years as a registered nurse; familiarity to Meditech or other electronic documentation systems; experience as a nurse informaticist
Preferred Experience: Added minimum of 2 years experience as an educator
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Supervision received from: Assistant Vice President, Professional Practice, Nursing Excellence & Research
Saint Agnes Hospital - 18 months ago