· Experience of at least three years in the practice of nursing as a registered nurse.
· A master’s degree in nursing from an accredited program required
· A current active unencumbered license as a registered nurse in New York
· Previous teaching experience preferred with proven teaching and classroom management skills .
· Excellent written and oral communication and analytical skills.
· Functional abilities to carry out classroom, clinical and laboratory teaching responsibilities
· Competence in clinical skills in areas of teaching
· Competent in personal computer applications: word processing, spreadsheet, database, and email.
· Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screening, required immunizations, current CPR and HIPPA certifications.
Position Summary: Nursing faculty are professionals with the education and practice skills to prepare the next generation of nurses. Faculty is accountable to the Director of Nursing for the implementation of the approved curriculum based on the mission and philosophy of the nursing program and the College. Faculty provides students with opportunities to acquire the knowledge and practice the skills identified in course objectives using varied and appropriate teaching methods. They plan learning activities to meet program outcomes based on the standards set by policies, legal and other regulatory requirements, and acceptable practices. Faculty also participates in the program’s evaluation and continuous improvement process and engage in personal professional development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates proper respect for students, and has student-friendly manner in the conduct of class.
- Teaches to course or workshop learning objectives.
- Works effectively as part of the overall faculty team demonstrating positive interpersonal relations, collaborating with other faculty members to meet student needs, participating in faculty meetings and nursing program committees, and responding to requests from management.
- Participates in the budget process to identify resources needed to meet program outcomes.
- Participates in ongoing program evaluation activities as needed and confers with the Dean of Nursing to ensure compliance with Education Affiliates and EA policies.
- Provides EA formatted syllabus that sets forth measurable grading criteria, encourages on time assignments, and includes local campus required elements.
- Provides expectations and standards for course assignments that demonstrate academic rigor in accordance with the course module.
- Maintains academic standards and course expectations throughout each course or clinical.
- Provides feedback to the student on grammar & syntax and paper format that includes title page, introduction, body, conclusion, and reference page.
- Communicates with the Director of Nursing as necessary to resolve issues or concerns.
- Leads discussions and elicits information from students which demonstrate that students are learning and accomplishing the course or workshop objectives.
- Utilizes course materials effectively, demonstrates thorough knowledge of content, and incorporates real life nursing practice examples.
- Utilizes multiple teaching methods and techniques including audio/visual aids/computer technologies and group activities.
- Provides appropriate handouts and supplemental materials.
- Provides clinical instruction to students in approved health care settings, adhering to the policies of the clinical setting and the College.
- Serves as local contact for assigned and faculty developed clinical sites under the direction of the Director of Nursing.
- Trains for and implements effectively the Evolve Success Program (ESP), which includes the Evolve Hesi Specialty Exams and the Elsevier Case Studies and Practice Tests, to help student prepare for the NCLEX.
- Provides feedback and develops an individualized remediation plan for any student that is not performing successfully in the Evolve Success Program (ESP).
- Other duties as assigned.
Education Affiliates Inc. - 14 months ago