Job is located in Kenmore, NY.
Supervisor Nursing – LTC – Nursing (The McAuley Residence): The Nursing Supervisor translates the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of the Nursing Facility into effective action. This individual is accountable for providing high quality, cost-effective resident care through appropriate management of human and fiscal resources. This position entails 24 hour responsibility, authority and accountability.
REPORTS TO: Director of Nursing, Long Term Care
Resident Care Coordinators, Resident Care Coordinator-MDS, Staff Nurse, Certified Nursing Assistants, and Unit Clerks, when coverage is necessary.
SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS (MINIMUM):
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Current New York State license.
- Significant clinical experience in a long term cares facility.
- Previous management experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Communication skills which may be inclusive of approach, tone of voice, speed of communication, respectfulness and non verbal communication.
- Physical assessment – Application of the assessment into the aging process; examples may include height/weight, skin integrety, ADL's, bowel and bladder control.
- Technical skills – incorporates knowledge of age related physical and mental changes in performing technical skills; examples may include appropriate site for IM injection, range of motion and feeding skills.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills.
CareerBuilder - 17 months ago