Using food as a tool to strengthen bodies, empower minds, and build communities.
o To recover unserved food from area food service businesses to feed hungry children and adults at social service agencies throughout DC, Maryland, and Virginia.
o To convert donated foods into balanced meals while at the same time training unemployed individuals in basic culinary skills.
o To provide technical assistance to programs seeking to develop, open, and operate similar community kitchens across the nation.
- Work with kitchen staff to create meals and snacks that meet USDA guidelines for the DC Free Summer Meals Program
- Ensure that meals and snacks are created and delivered on schedule according to meal production sheets and delivery routes
- Monitor meal components to ensure compliance with the kitchen staff
- Survey kitchen for capacity and growth of summer feeding program
- Work with Partnership Program Coordinator to monitor feeding sites over the course of the summer and distribute and collect surveys
- Schedule nutrition lessons/cooking demonstrations with current at-risk children and youth agencies.
- Administrative tasks as assigned by Partnership Program Manager
- 2 to 4 years college background in dietetics and/or nutrition.
DC CENTRAL KITCHEN - 6 months ago