Department: Food & Nutrition Services
Schedule: services as needed
Req Number: 10427
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, to assist registered dietitians and other members of the health care team in planning, implementing, and evaluating the nutritional care provided to patients at ACMC; and to perform other related duties as required. DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE : The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Obtains food preferences to meet patients like and dislikes and meet cultural and religious needs.
2. Posts calorie counts nutrient intake and dietary patterns
3. Writes complicated diets
4. Records visitation of food preferences, food allergies and intolerances in medical record.
5. Checks patient tray line as assigned.
6. Updates patient brands and nourishment brands.
7. Teaches sound nutritional principles of a healthy diet and their families under the direction of the dietitian.
8. Assists in an on-going quality assurance program that monitors patient care and delivery of services to patients
9. Prepares special studies or reports as assigned.
10. Standardizes recipes and test/assess new nutritional related products.
11. Orders supplies and services by established ACMC procedures, including TF and TENS billing.
12. Attends meetings and conferences as assigned.
13. Assist with in-service training as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Possession of an associate of arts degree in food science, nutrition, dietetics or closely related field the equivalent of one year full-time experience in food services, nutritional care, or dietetics. Or II Possession of a Bachelor's degree in food science, nutrition, dietetics, or closely related field the equivalent of four years full-time experience in organizing nutritional care plans, instructing individuals in food selection, monitoring appropriate food handling techniques and calculating nutrient intakes and dietary patterns.
Alameda County Medical Center - 22 months ago