Einstein Medical Center - Elkins Park has implemented a tobacco-free policy. This policy bans the use of cigarettes, cigars, and all other types of tobacco anywhere on the Elkins Park campus including parking lots, vehicles, and sidewalks on or adjacent to the property.
Nutrition Assistant - Host/Hostess
In this position you will be responsible for:
- The Host/Hostess is responsible for processing food preferences (including: ethnic, cultural and religious dietary practices), allergies, and intolerances in compliance with therapeutic diet orders, via the CBORD Computer System
- Monitoring therapeutic diet accuracy on tray tickets
- Printing tray tickets and labels as required
- Completing food production tallies
- Responding to patient care staff requests for meals or meal changes
- Patient visitations on floors for menu selection purposes
- Serve and collect meal trays
- Inventory and stocking pantries
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
If you possess the following qualifications, please apply immediately:
- High School Degree or equivalent is required.
- 1-2 years experience in a healthcare food service setting is required.
- Must be able to read printed documents as well as computer screen visuals.
- Must be able to read and record thermometer temperatures
- Experience with patient food delivery according to proper procedures, delivering and pick up of patient meal trays, as well as providing any patient food service needs in his/her assigned area is preferred.
- Must be able to read assignment sheets
- Must be able to conduct conversation, and communicate patient service needs.
- Standing, walking, cutting, reaching, pushing and lifting up to 50 lbs, standing on cement floors (Mats available)
- Working Conditions: Temperature changes, in and out of refrigeration and freezers, working with hazardous chemicals
Einstein Healthcare Network
- 2 years ago - save job