The Nutrition Services Aide assists in preparing therapeutic and modified diets for patients as well as preparing meals for employees, visitors and special functions. The Nutrition Services Aide assists in maintaining inventory, serviceware and sanitary conditions within the department.
License or Certification:
- Food handlers permit (if required by state or county regulations)
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
- Training in food preparation for therapeutic diets, recent institutional cooking experience and special function cooking experience desirable. Knowledge of food safety guidelines preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment, mixer, ovens, steamer, microwave, toaster, blender, steam tables, fryer, food processor, scales, dish washer
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, push, pull and retrieve approximately 100% of the time.
- Ability to safely lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to safely push/pull objects weighing up to 150 pounds on wheels, with assistance, if necessary. The push/pull weight will be based on a loaded maximum weight of 300 pounds per cart.
- Ability to demonstrate safe retrieval skills from above the head to floor level with objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- Wet surfaces and sharp objects and high noise levels possible
- Hot and cold temperatures extremes
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
HealthSouth Corporation - 21 months ago
HealthSouth is actually all over the map as one of the largest rehabilitation services providers in the nation. Its facilities include...