This job is primarily responsible for performing routine heavy cleaning of department floors, equipment and walk-in coolers/freezers. This includes maintaining appropriate stores of cleaning materials and related supplies. An incumbent also assists with the cleaning and storage of trayline, café and production small wares, pots and pans, and equipment. Equipment operation and handling of chemicals are performed in accordance with health and safety standards.
Employees may receive incidental cross-training in other service areas. While in that mode, food handling activities are performed in accordance with external and internal guidelines and regulatory guidelines. Given the extensive contact with customers, an incumbent is expected to demonstrate excellent customer relation skills.
- Maintains accurate inventories and par levels of chemicals, small wares and cleaning items for the assigned area.
- Disassembles, washes and stores small wares from patient trays and the café accumulator accurately per designated timelines; breaks down patient carts and dishes from the café; operates proper three-compartment sink procedures for the cleaning of all pots and pans.
- Operates dishroom and equipment to maintain clean department floors, walls and related surfaces; operates dishroom and washes, sanitizes and polishes department equipment in accordance with the cleaning schedule; maintains clean and empty garbage receptacles within production, trayline and café areas.
- As part of a cross-training effort, performs food service tasks associated with food service aid positions; May prepare espresso orders for patients, staff, visitors and catering, using standard recipes and plating guidelines; assists customers with food and beverage orders by answering menu and recipe-related questions; utilizes suggestive selling techniques to maximize sales.
- Performs work assignments in accordance with regulations and standards applicable to personal hygiene and food preparation/handling/disposal; keeps abreast of department standards, as well as local, state, and federal agency guidelines.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred..
- One year of related work experience in the hospitality, retail or healthcare service fields, with strong customer service emphasis, is preferred.
- Obtain and maintain a Valid Department of Health Food Handler’s permit issued by the State
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
ND-Williston-Mercy Medical Center
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
St. Joseph Medical Center - 15 months ago