Position: Nutrition Services Assistants (2 positions)
Mandan Public School District
10:30 am-1:30 pm; M-F
2014-2015 school year
$11.68-$14.60 dependent on experience
SUMMARY: Under basic supervision, assists in food preparation and presentation at the main MPS food preparation kitchen, and at satellite kitchens; prepares and serves food, cleans work areas and equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS -- Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class. Employees are required to be in attendance and prepared to begin work at their assigned work location on the specified days and hours. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following :
Education, Training and Experience Guidelines:
- Assists the kitchen staff with basic food preparation and presentation; performs work in compliance with MPS policies, and quality and safety standards; duties will vary according to job assignment.
- Cleans the food service and dining areas; cleans and maintains orderly, safe, and sanitary conditions in food service facilities; cleans tables, chairs, floors, and surfaces.
- Cleans kitchen equipment and food preparation and storage areas to meet mandated health standards; cleans dishes, kitchen utensils, tools, and equipment.
- Prepares dining areas for meal time; prepares and serves meals and snacks as directed.
- Prepares and packages food and supplies; verifies proper temperature to meet safety requirements.
- May operate a cash register/service terminal, receive money, and balance accounts.
- Supports the relationship between the Mandan Public Schools and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with clients, visitors, and School staff; maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, client records, and School information; follows compliance rules governing child abuse; performs related duties as required or assigned.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent; AND one year of food handling experience.
- MPS policies and procedures.
- Safety and sanitation practices for food preparation, presentation, and distribution.
- Personal sanitation and hygiene regulations.
- Customer service and public relations methods and practices.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Following verbal and written instructions and procedures, and following safety standards.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
A valid North Dakota State Driver’s License may be required. Food Handler's training may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed in a commercial food service work environment; moderate physical requirements, with risk of burns and cuts; frequent lifting and moving containers of food, materials, and equipment weighing up to fifty pounds.
- 19 months ago - save job