DC Central Kitchen launched a partnership with 30 DC corner stores to deliver fresh fruits and vegetables to food deserts , and low income areas without adequate access to fully stocked supermarkets. DC Central Kitchen delivers fresh fruits and vegetables to corner stores and other small retailers located in Wards 5, 7, and 8.
The responsibilities of the Nutrition and Community Outreach Coordinator involve the daily oversight and coordination of the Healthy Corners program. This interdepartmental program requires networking between different elements of DC Central Kitchen (Fresh Start, Development, Transportation, executive staff, and so on) to ensure the timely delivery of healthy food items to corner stores and small retailers. The Nutrition and Community Outreach Coordinator will also be responsible for daily routing, delivery, merchandising, and marketing of fresh produce and healthy snacks to our partners.
Description of Duties:
Sales and Transportation
- Maintain existing relationships and open communication with participating retailers
- Oversee new store inquiries
- Perform site visits for all retailers to ensure program compliance and store owner satisfaction
- Disseminate all necessary materials to store owners (signage, fliers, memos, order guides, etc.) as needed
- Ensure proper documentation is kept for deliveries, inventory, sales, and feedback
- Work to achieve specific programmatic growth goals and targets
- Regularly Deliver fresh produce and snacks to participating corner stores
- Collaborate with the procurement department
- Maintain up-to-date route information
- Provide the Director of Nutrition and Community outreach with accurate delivery information for all stores
- Distribute invoices and assure payment from stores on an ongoing basis
- Maintain and properly market Healthy Corners area in each store
- Represent Healthy Corners and other DCCK programs at relevant community events
- Work with community partners to distribute promotional and educational materials
- Maintains Truck Farm, a mobile garden used for nutrition education to sites throughout DC
- Oversees daily operations and maintenance of the garden
- Coordinates all site visits and nutrition education sessions with partner agencies, such as school and farmers markets
- Will be responsible for implementing future DCCK initiatives such as CSA, Crock pot, and other community based programs.
- Maintain monthly inventories
- Collect delivery slips and track product that has been sold
- Track sales generated from stores in a central database
- Work with community partners to create and track recipe cards and nutrition information distributed to stores and customers
- Work with community partners to participate in and track community events conducted to promote Healthy Corners
- Maintain tracking database for purchasing and sales
- Background or knowledge in nutrition, public policy, sustainable and local agriculture, food deserts
- 1 year minimum in an Administrative capacity
- Understanding of food equity, food security and food distribution (desired)
- Dedicated to improving purchasing and dietary habits by providing healthy alternatives to packaged and processed food
- Display consistent professional work ethics. Must have the ability to work well under pressure and lead by example
- Must portray a keen eye for detail in product presentation to best represent our product line for the client
- Continues to look for areas of improvement and is self- motivated
- Must have a valid driver license and a good driving record ( no more than 3 points)
- This position requires a high level of professional integrity with a strong ability to communicate with fellow peers, community partner as well as clients.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft word, excel, outlook, POS software.
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills.
- Desire to be a part of a large nonprofit whose mission is to 'combat hunger and create opportunity"
- Strong customer service skills (personable, able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people)
- Minimum of High School Diploma/GED; Bachelor degree preferred.
- The individual must be able to lift 50 pounds or more
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Have a good sense of direction and understanding of roadways in the greater DC Area
- Maintain commitment to an alcohol and drug free workplace. This position is a "Safety sensitive employees will also be subject to random drug and alcohol testing."
******Please upload cover letter and resume together**************
*******Please upload cover letter and resume together********
DC Central Kitchen (DCCK) provides prepared meals and snacks to our partner agencies in the Washington metropolitan area. Our partners are...