Department:Ambulatory Health Education
SUMMARY: Under general supervision assist in planning, developing, and conducting a component of a nutrition program; to provide consultative services on nutrition; and to do the related work as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE : The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Provides consultant services and conducts educational programs on food and nutrition for the Health Department, nursing and boarding homes, other county departments, for local public and private agencies and provide information on nutrition to individual citizens.
2. Develops, conducts and administers the nutritional aspects of a component of a nutritional program or project.
3. Conducts studies and surveys on nutritional status, dietary patterns, and food needs of groups in the community.
4. Prepares, reviews and recommends material on nutrition such as pamphlets, books and audio-visual aids.
5. Provides nutritional counseling to participants in the County health programs; obtains and evaluates client’s data; determines nutritional risks and deficiencies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS : EITHER I Education : Possession of a Master’s Degree in nutrition, public health nutrition, or some other appropriate field from a recognized college or university, plus completion of an internship approved by the American Dietetic Association, AND Experience : One year of professional experience in nutrition or dietetics. OR II Education : Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in nutrition or public health nutrition, or some other appropriate field from an accredited college or university plus completion of an internship approved by the American Dietetic Association, AND Experience : Three years of professional experience in nutrition or dietetics.
Alameda County Medical Center - 9 months ago
Alameda County Meals on Wheels was founded in 1987 (as Countymeals-on-Wheels) and is a non-profit 501(c)(3), which is governed by a Board of...