Class 2846 Nutritionist
APPOINTMENT TYPE: Provisional
Permanent applicants encouraged to apply. Provisional appointee must be successful in the Civil Service examination for this classification in order to be considered for permanent appointment. Provisional appointments may not exceed three years.
The San Francisco Department of Public Health's Nutrition Services' Feeling Good Project is accepting applications for one (1) part time .9 FTE position in class 2846 Nutritionist.
SHIFT : Monday - Friday; 8:30 am - 5:00, with occasional evenings and weekends.
Under general supervision of the Feeling Good Project Coordinator and/or Director of Nutrition Services, the Nutritionist performs the following essential job functions:
- Provides nutrition education to the SNAP-Ed eligible population;
- Provides one-on-one general nutrition education;
- Delivers general nutrition education in a classroom or group setting;
- Staff health fairs and other community or promotional events where nutrition education messages are delivered;
- Distributes linguistically and culturally appropriate nutrition education materials;
- Documents educational and other encounters;
- Assists with writing project reports and the preparation of semi-annual reports;
- Maintains program reports and tracking system;
- Ensures that operation is in compliance with Federal and State USDA SNAP-Ed standards and guidelines;
- Provides consultation to staff and other health care professionals; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned/required.
1A. Possession of a master's degree from an accredited college/university in nutrition; AND
1B. Current registration with the Commission of Dietetic Registration (CDR); AND
1C. Possession of valid current California Driver license.
2A. Possession of a bachelor's degree with major course work in nutrition from an accredited college or university; AND
2B. One (1) year of experience providing medical nutrition therapy in a public health/community setting; AND
2C. Current registration with the Commission of Dietetic Registration (CDR); AND
2D. Possession of valid current California Driver license.
This position also requires
1. Bilingual Cantonese language ability
2. Heavy Lifting ability up to 35 pounds.
How TO APPLY:
- Experience performing community assessments and evaluations.
- Strong integrated background in maternal and child health nutrition.
- Sensitivity to and experience working with ethnically culturally diverse groups.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with various levels of staff.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
City and County of San Francisco employment application must be filed on-line only .
Computer kiosks are located in the lobby of the Department of Human Resources, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4 th Floor, San Francisco, for use by the public. The hours of operation are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Click on apply and read and acknowledge the information.
- Click on I am a new user if you have not previously registered, or on I have Registered Previously.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact
Laura Brainin-Rodriguez, MPH, MS, RD
via email: at Laura.Brainin-Rodriguez@sfdph.org or by phone at: (415) 575-5687
Verification of Experience/Education/Licensure or Certification:
Verification of experience/education/licensure and/or certifications may be required at a later date. If verification is required, failure to provide it may result in disqualification from the selection process.
The selection process will include evaluation of applications in relation to minimum requirements. Depending on the number of applicants, the Department may establish and implement additional screening mechanisms to comparatively evaluate qualifications of candidates. If this becomes necessary, only those applicants whose qualifications most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited for an interview.
Applicants are encouraged to keep copies of all documents submitted. The hiring department may require applicants to submit the same documents and/or additional documents at a later date. Copies of Application Documents: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#copies
Prior to appointment, at the Department's expense, applicants may be required to take a TB screening test, and a medical examination.
Remember to indicate: Attn: Class TPV-2846-059844 Nutritionist on all correspondence.
Make sure your application and any attachments to the application submitted at the time of filing are complete and accurate and include details on all experience, education, training and other information that qualifies you for this recruitment. Failure to submit a complete and accurate application at the time of filing may result in your ineligibility for this recruitment or inability to receive full credit for scoring purposes. Any new information concerning work experience, education, training and other information that is submitted after the filing deadline may not be used for scoring or considered to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Issued: February 1, 2013
Announcement No.: TPV-2846-059844
Team DPH/LL - (415) 206-5417 (DHR Pos No 01122126)
City & County of San Francisco - 14 months ago
San Francisco, CA
- 30+ days ago
County of Alameda
County of Alameda
- 17 days ago
Alameda Health System
Alameda County Medical Center
- 30+ days ago