- Conducts nutritional assessments and provides nutritional education services to Tribal member, employees and clients.
- Educates and counsels high-risk clients on an individual basis taking into consideration medical and nutritional needs, laboratory results, cultural and personal preferences, finances, and client’s goals.
- Prepares nutrition care plans specific to client’s needs to provide solutions to nutrition problems.
- May conduct home and hospital visits, providing nutrition counseling to clients as needed.
- Works with clinic physicians to coordinate care between the physician and Nutritionist or request prescriptions for specific formulas.
- Discusses clients’ nutritional care plan and instruction with other staff involved in client care. Serves as nutrition resource person for all staff members compiling information including pamphlets, booklets, articles, and other resources for use in nutrition programs.
- Refers clients to outside agencies as necessary.
- Teaches group education sessions related to nutrition or oversees such training presented by other staff.
- Develops nutrition lesson plans, nutrition education handouts, pamphlets and visual aids. Reviews and updates nutrition education materials for use by the department.
- May serve as part of an interdisciplinary team as the nutritionist to prepare and manage team care plans for clients.
- Maintains records and files regarding services and activities and documents services by preparing requested reports.
- Ensures that clinical documentation regarding clients is kept secure and confidential and maintained consistent with Health Department policies and procedures.
- Participates in workshops, conferences, and other continuing education opportunities to maintain professional status
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from different cultural backgrounds
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years clinical work experience in field.
- A thorough knowledge of human nutrition and its relationship to health and disease
- Knowledge of the science of nutrition and dietetics, (equivalent to a baccalaureate degree in Dietetics with thorough knowledge of the field of nutrition as it relates to public practice in order to develop nutrition care plans, and to provide consultation and training to the patient population, which presents a wide variety of nutrition-related health conditions; i.e. diabetes, obesity, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, gestational diabetes as well as normal nutrition.
- Thorough knowledge of community resources in public health nutrition.
- Knowledge of social, cultural and economic factors of individuals and families as they apply to public health nutrition and ability to adapt their food preferences into individual nutritional plans.
- Knowledge of appropriate educational principles and methods as applied to public health nutritional practice.
- Ability to plan appropriate, creative, dynamic health education/wellness presentations, with proficiency demonstrated in the areas of media, digital storytelling, video (for testimonials, inspirational success stories, etc.), editing, skilled in the use of social media as a marketing tool.
- Knowledge of educational principles of adult learning theory, group dynamics, motivational interviewing techniques, learning styles and teaching strategies. Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences using a variety of mediums.
- Group facilitation skills which keep groups on task while being sensitive to process and issues.
- Understand the social and cultural context of the American Indian communities served by the Cow Creek Tribe. Ability to integrate this knowledge into project activities.
- Understand HIPAA and institutional (including Tribal) IRB requirements for health care research and programming.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative, supportive relationships with participants and clinic staff.
****TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW, PRINT OUT APPLICATION AND SEND IT TO:
- Certification plus two years experience as an individual and group exercise trainer and leader.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; highly organized.
- Excellent computer skills including word processing, e-mail, internet, spreadsheet, and database usage.
COW CREEK GOVERNMENT OFFICE
ATTN: HUMAN RESOURCES
2371 NE STEPHENS, SUITE 100
ROSEBURG, OR 97470
Umpqua Indian Development Corporation - 4 months ago
UIDC Various Positions
Umpqua Indian Development Corporation
Umpqua Training & Employment
- 3 days ago