Interprets the nutrition needs of students and clients, plans menus and meals according to diets and provides education according to the physician’s diet order. Uses Geri Menu to produce student meal slips according to special diet requirements.
Under general direction and supervision of the Director of Nutrition Services/ Registered Dietitian, participates in overall nutrition care of students and the day to day operation of the diet office.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition. Registered Dietetic Technician with at least 2 years of nutrition related experience will be considered.
Physical strength/endurance to participate in the following activities when necessary.
• Lifting/carrying of objects/items weighing up to 25 pounds.
• Standing/walking/climbing stairs as required.
• Ability to stay seated for long periods of time as necessary in the performance of administrative duties including the operation of the computer programs.
1) Enter school menus into Geri menu and correct for therapeutic diets. Print meal tickets and production sheets.
2) Cover for Nutrition Assistant vacation/days off.
3) Call new admits school student parents/guardians to find out nutrition information and send out to staff.
4) Contact parent/guardians of students and making nutrition recommendations as well as taking their phone calls/e-mails for diet changes, weight concerns, etc.
5) Nutrition resource for Nutrition Assistant and all staff.
6) Arrange for special holiday menus/BBQ menus and send menu changes out to staff
7) Educate staff on student nutrition plans (portions, carbohydrate counting, etc.)
8) Educating clients/students on therapeutic diets. Problem solving feeding problems, nutrition issues, meal slip issues, allergies, etc.
9) Assist Nutrition Assistant with day-to-day operations of the diet office as needed.
10) Resource for Nutrition Assistant with complicated diets for hospital unit meal slips when needed (i.e. soy allergy).
11) Monitor Summer Waterfront and box lunch food requests for the school. Checking student diets/allergies, etc. and making sure proper steps are utilized.
12) Develop student nutrition plans and implement. Document updates and progress (GH books).
13) Make arrangements for special food products to be delivered to the school from group home.
14) Update list of special items for school students as needed. (Students not on meal slips that require items).
15) Nutrition discharge summaries on students.
16) Other duties as assigned by Registered Dietitian.
If you have a passion for assisting people with disabilities, join Crotched Mountain’s team of dedicated employees. You’ll be...