Dawn Food Products, Inc. is the world's largest privately owned, global bakery supplier with annual sales of over $1 billion, and over 4,000 people working in more than 40 countries. We have operations in the U.S., United Kingdom, Mexico, Canada and Holland. Dawn's proven recipe for success is built on our Circle of Excellence that includes: outstanding, hard working People who develop and produce consistently high-quality Products that exceed the expectations of our Customers around the world. Our culture drives global growth by embracing diversity while encouraging constant learning and continuous professional development. Dawn People enjoy great benefits, competitive wages and an excellent working environment. Dawn Food Products is an equal employment opportunity company.
Under limited supervision, develops nutritional information for all Dawn manufactured products and ingredients, including trans-fat and allergen data. Ensures all product nutrition information and labels meet customer and FDA compliance guidelines.
• Prepares nutritional information for DFP domestic and international labels, utilizing Dawn’s nutrition analysis program.
• Becomes familiar with the FDA Code of Federal Regulations, as well as, other pertinent international food laws
• Reviews system documentation for accuracy and ensures data is kept up to date.
• Assimilates product content into ingredient breakdowns (i.e., eggs into cholesterol content, salt into sodium content, etc.).
• Ensures that all prepared labels meet the guidelines set by the Food & Drug Administration for food package labeling.
• Reviews and approves content of labels for co-packed and internal DFP manufactured goods.
• Maintains all acquired ingredient documentation related to labeling content in accordance with departmental and FDA guidelines.
• Audits and verifies ingredient information gleaned from the system to ensure that it is accurately reflected on the final printed label.
• Contacts vendors to question and/or challenge their reported nutritional content on purchased ingredients prior to entering the information into the DFP database.
• Provides support and information to team members throughout Dawn to ensure the most accurate, up to date data is being disseminated.
• Responds to inquiries from customers and consumers regarding product content and labeling.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
• Demonstrates the “Dawn Values” of Team Dawn and supports the Circle of Excellence.
• Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics, Nutritional Sciences, Food Science or related field
• A minimum of three to five years experience in the food industry or related field preferred
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Precise attention to detail
Dawn Foods - 9 months ago
They don't wait for the sun to come up at this company. The ovens are always fired up at Dawn Food Products. The company provides a...