The McHenry County Department of Health is seeking an individual to provide nutrition counseling and education, promoting breastfeeding, performing WIC certifications and prescribing food packages for WIC clients. Team oriented environment of integrated WIC/Family Case Management Programs.
Starting Pay: $18.65 per hr Hours: 18.75 hrs per week Monday - Friday. Requires working two late clinics per month until 7:00 p.m.
- Provides appropriate individual and group nutrition counseling in accordance with WIC guidelines.
- Assists clients in determining nutrition goals to strive to achieve before their next visit.
- Documents subjective client comments, assessment findings, counseling, plan and referrals in Cornerstone computer system in a timely manner.
- Performs anthropometric and lab procedures according to WIC guidelines and records findings.
- Assigns risk factors and assigns WIC food instruments accordingly.
- Prepares lesson plans and provides innovative nutrition education.
- Plans and provides nutrition literature to reinforce eduation provided.
- Follows WIC procedures in providing medically prescribed formulas.
- Willingness to work at any of the four WIC locations in the County.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition/Dietetics or an Illinois Registered Nurse or Bachelor's Degree in Home Econonics with 20 hours emphasis in Nutrition.
- Safe driving record with valid and current driver's license, access to a reliable vehicle and proof of automobile insurance.
McHenry County offers an excellent benefits package which includes the following; Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick and Personal Days.
Please include a cover letter speaking to the above job summary and/or job functions
Please click on the link below to apply and submit your resume to us online. This is the fastest and most reliable way to be considered for any of our positions. If you wish to submit a paper application, please click on the "Applications" link to the left.
McHenry County Government Center - 7 months ago