Class 2846 Nutritionist
APPOINTMENT TYPE: Provisional
Permanent applicants encouraged to apply. Provisional appointee must be successful in the Civil Service examination for this classification in order to be considered for permanent appointment. Provisional appointments may not exceed three years.
The San Francisco Department of Public Health's Nutrition Services Feeling Good Project is accepting applications for one (1) part time .9 FTE position in class 2846 Nutritionist.
SHIFT : Monday - Friday; 8:30 am - 5:00, with occasional evenings and weekends.
Under general supervision of the Feeling Good Project Coordinator and/or Director of Nutrition Services, the Nutritionist performs the following essential job functions:
- Provides nutrition education to the SNAP-Ed eligible population;
- Provides one-on-one general nutrition education;
- Delivers general nutrition education in a classroom or group setting;
- Staff health fairs and other community or promotional events where nutrition education messages are delivered;
- Distributes linguistically and culturally appropriate nutrition education materials;
- Documents educational and other encounters;
- Assists with writing project reports and the preparation of semi-annual reports;
- Maintains program reports and tracking system;
- Ensures that operation is in compliance with Federal and State USDA SNAP-Ed standards and guidelines;
- Provides consultation to staff and other health care professionals; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned/required.
1A. Possession of a master's degree from an accredited college/university in nutrition; AND
1B. Current registration with the Commission of Dietetic Registration (CDR); AND
1C. Possession of valid current California Driver license.
2A. Possession of a bachelor's degree with major course work in nutrition from an accredited college or university; AND
2B. One (1) year of experience providing medical nutrition therapy in a public health/community setting; AND
2C. Current registration with the Commission of Dietetic Registration (CDR); AND
2D. Possession of valid current California Driver license.
This position also requires
1. Bilingual Cantonese language ability
2. Heavy Lifting ability up to 35 pounds.
- Experience performing community assessments and evaluations.
- Strong integrated background in maternal and child health nutrition.
- Sensitivity to and experience working with ethnically culturally diverse groups.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with various levels of staff.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
San Francisco Department of Public Health - 4 months ago
The Communicable Disease Control and Prevention Section, part of the San Francisco Department of Public Health,works closely with community...