"Empowering Human Potential” is more than a tagline; it’s our mantra for all associates, that motivates and reminds us of the essential role we play in the lives of our patients and customers. Whether directly or indirectly, every individual across every business unit and department at Hanger is helping to improve the lives of our patients and customers. One by one, we listen to challenges, collaborate with partners, identify solutions, overcome obstacles, lead through innovation, and apply our expertise to help move lives forward.
We know that the “possible” lives inside each of us, waiting to be unleashed. At every touch point across all of our business, we are keeping lives in motion, breaking down barriers, taking dreams further. As one united Hanger, we are achieving more of our own potential so that we can help patients do the same. Together we are working with one idea in mind: Empowering Human Potential.
A job with Hanger, one of the leading clinical authorities in the provision of integrated rehabilitative solutions, including being the largest owner and operator of orthotic and prosthetic clinics in the United States places you on a path leading well beyond ordinary career opportunities.
O&P Clinician Assistant will assist practitioner in providing patient care services by fitting selected orthotic and prosthetic devices and performing other assigned tasks.
* Subject to limitations imposed by state and/or local law.
- Assist practitioners with patient care.
- Prepare a room and patient for treatment, make and modify molds, perform technical fabrication, and complete administrative tasks.
- Complete and maintain accurate documentation of patient care provided.
- Evaluate selected orthotic and prosthetic needs of patients, measure cast and fit and adjust devices.
- Perform selected patient care procedures, including the fitting of soft good items.
- Provide alterations to the fitting of soft good items, if necessary.
- Provide patient follow-up for selected orthotic and prosthetic patients.
- Perform shipping, receiving and monitor inventory and other clerical tasks.
- Contact vendors to order prosthetic and orthotic materials.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly work environment.
- Adhere to all safety regulations; compliance with Medicare and other governmental regulations; compliance with blood borne and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
- Hand skills necessary to use laboratory tools safely and effectively.
- Knowledge of biomechanical principles.
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills for reporting information to patient and staff.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to prioritize and plan for the purpose of meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility.
- Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing patients, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
- Ability to participate in sustained activities while seated and standing for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Completion of internal or external training course, usually one year of study
- Six months on-the-job training with experienced practitioners.
Experience and Skill Requirements :
The preceding information is provided as a brief summary and incorporates typical responsibilities and qualifications of the position. Other related duties or specific criteria not expressly mentioned may be required for a particular vacancy and can be explained by the hiring manager.
Work Environment :
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
N.B. Critical features of this job are described under the headings above. These features may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reason.