We are looking for a client facing Technical Support Delivery Project Manager. This person will be comfortable working with VIP customers, handling their issues, keeping projects on track and working to move into a Delivery Manager's position. The keys are solid communication skills, change management background, PM skills and a strong understanding the Oil and Gas industry. This position is 25% technical and 75% customer facing people skills.
As part of the Techapps support global team this role acts as a central point of contact for all technical application related incidents and requests from across a defined number of locations. The role requires a focus on capture, diagnostics, coordination and resolution of technical application incidents and requests, with close liaison with customers, service partners and 3rd party vendors to ensure business users receive highly responsive support for the technical applications portfolio.
Credentials & Qualifications:
- 3 Years Technical Support experience in Desktop & Business or Petrotechnical Applications.
- Experience of coordinating user testing and system acceptance testing of vendor patches. SCCM exposure and training is desirable.
- Exposure to and/or basic familiarity of Schlumberger Petrotechnical application such as Petrel, Techlog, Eclipse, OFM. Vendor training is desirable.
- Understanding of the stages and component roles within offshore Exploration and Production operations.
- Experience of delivering attentive desk side and remote service to key operational staff and executive level users is essential. Previous experience of supporting a major global E&P project is desirable.
- Understanding of Incident Management and coordination of Change Control with large 3rd party vendors such as Schlumberger, Halliburton.
Scope of work:
- Central point of contact for technical applications incidents and requests, and must develop a strong relationship with customer base
- Prioritise incidents and requests, based upon customer input and defined criteria, to ensure service delivery to the customer is optimised effectively.
- Diagnose incidents in order to understand what technical solutions can be provided
- Provide technical solutions where resolution is known
- Co-ordinate where appropriate responses to incidents / requests with service partners (infrastructure, data management), 3rd party vendors and ensure customer is kept up to date with progress
- Work in accordance with established SLAs, and agree timescales for delivery of solutions with customers
- Technical application installation, configuration, inventories and documentation
- Manage licensing related incidents for technical applications
- Coordinate application upgrades according to agreed upgrade schedule and within the change management practices defined
- Capture known issues and related information to drive knowledge transfer across both Techapps support team members and other support groups.
- Highlight areas of improvement needed within support processes and procedures, make recommendations where appropriate
- Coordinate within Global Techapps team, incidents or requests requiring multi-site technical solutions
- Provide enhancement suggestions to improve service offering either internally within the support mechanism of the team, or externally to improve business experience of service
- Daily/weekly checkpoints with customers and other vendors
o Issue management
o KPI and service monitoring reporting
o Project and initiative support
IF this describes you, please submit your resume ASAP!