The Enterprise Data Warehouse Group manages the central data warehouse with integrated data from our main ERP systems - Oracle and People Soft, other Administrative systems and the Legacy data stores. The group manages the complete set of tools, Infrastructure and processes involved in the creation and Operation of the Data Warehouse. The group enables reporting of the data through OBIEE.
Skills & Competencies
- Serve as a technical lead for architecture, design and interface decisions related to OBIEE
- Elicit, analyze and document business requirements including business rules, quality attributes, performance goals, external interfaces and constraints
- Translate business requirements and product vision into application architecture
- Support Business requests for investigation and analysis
- Develop solution prototype and be able to demonstrate value proposition of the solutions to a wide audience
- Provide support in troubleshooting / investigations
- Respond quickly to critical requests
- Review and provide guidance to BI initiatives in various schools/departments.
- Drive the design methodology of the software development process and ensure adoption within AS partners
- Assess feasibility and ramifications of new business requirements. Design appropriate solutions and recommend alternative approaches when necessary.
- Stays current with emerging technologies, industry best practices in the solution domains
- Recommend engineering best practices, including use of design patterns, code reviews and automated unit testing
- Collaborate, communicate with different teams, and triage technical issues across teams.
- Collaborate with different teams, project managers as well as business to define product features, architectural deliverables and project estimates
- Research technology trends and apply the results to solve business problems
- Operate independently given direction, set direction and bring ideas and solutions to issues raised
- Develop and maintain knowledge and expertise in the systems supported by the Data Warehouse Group.
- Be a resource in developing training materials, writing communications and assisting with answering help desk tickets.
- Candidate must have experience in designing, developing and delivering Business Intelligence and OBIEE/Siebel Analytics solutions across the enterprise.
- Must have experience in visualizing, designing and deploying executive dashboards and scorecards.
- Provide technical direction and leadership to design and implement enterprise BI, Analytics and performance management solutions in a complex enterprise environment
- Must have hands on experience in gathering reporting and analysis requirements, documenting the report specifications, implementing the metadata layers including physical, semantic, and presentation layers and generating reports and dashboards using Answers, Dashboards & Publisher.
- Must have experience with implementation and/or support of the large scale enterprise level warehouse preferably with Oracle ERP and/or PeopleSoft ERP source systems.
- Shows initiative, is a self-starter, able to handle multiple priorities and has excellent time management skills
- Should have expertise in understanding the Reporting/OLAP concepts
- Should understand the range of options and best practices for common Semantic layer design.
- Experience with modeling data optimized for reporting and aggregate analysis
- Knowledge of data warehouse and business intelligence architecture and concepts
- Deep knowledge of Oracle databases
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Strong listening, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical skills and integration knowledge
- Strong UNIX(Solaris) & Shell Scripting skills are desired
- Responsibility for deployment and configuration of OBIEE is a plus
- Relevant Work Experience
- 5+ years of Business Intelligence development experience. Data Architect and Data Analyst with architectural knowledge of establishing and implementing BI environments, demonstrated SME expertise in designing, developing and testing data warehouse and business intelligence systems.
- At least 3+ years of experience designing complex data warehouse structures including the implementation of slowly changing dimensions and other warehouse updating strategies.
- At least 3+ years of experience developing complex applications using Oracle PL/SQL
- 3+ years of experience having worked in core development projects in OBIEE/Siebel Analytics in the capacity of designing solutions.
Data Mash - 22 months ago