Scope of Position
The OCC Analyst is responsible for importing, cleaning, transforming, validating or modeling data from renewable energy plants managed in the (OCC) with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision making purposes. The OCC Analyst is responsible for supporting the development, modification and maintenance of new and existing production-related data across the organization. Working with user groups to define system and reporting requirements, communicate requirements, analyze source system data, and validate system outputs, processes and reporting data, the OCC analyst will develop queries against various data sources to analyze and report data.
Reports to: Director, OCC
Division/Department: Operations & Maintenance / Operations Control Center
Location: San Diego, CA
OCC Analysts spend 95% of their time in the office with 5% of their time spent in off-site training, conferences, or field site visits in support of their project responsibilities.
- With moderate supervision perform assigned talks that require knowledge and application of basic skills in data analysis and reporting
- Organize and analyze information in a manner understandable to others - verbally and written
- Utilize data and technology management (data acquisition, mining, analysis, data integrity management, metrics management and reporting)
- Perform queries on various SCADA and operational data systems (including Monarch, SQL, Pi)
- Participate in the creation and editing of the OCC’s Monarch database
- Participate in the OCC’s Monarch SCADA testing process and its screen development activities
- Identify, analyze, and interpret data trends and data abnormalities or patterns in complex data sets
- In collaboration with others, develop and maintain databases and data systems necessary for projects and department functions
- In collaboration with others, develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Responsible for improving data quality and for designing or presenting conclusions gained from analyzing data using statistical tools
- Develop and present key performance indicators (KPI’s) and data analysis results in charts, graphs, tables
- Responsible for creating presentations, graphic organizers or detailed reports of data.
- Present findings individually or with a group of peers that cooperatively work to give supervisors or clients a synopsis of findings
- All other duties as assigned
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace
and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Able to maintain confidentiality, be detail oriented and disciplined, and adept at multi-tasking.
- Able to demonstrate good work habits including, but not limited to, excellent attendance patterns and being to work on time.
- Conduct and present himself/herself in a professional manner.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written, with demonstrated ability to follow instructions diligently.
- Demonstrated strong math and analytical skills to process information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Background in computers, technology, statistics, information systems or relational database design and development required with demonstrated ability to use MS Office suite programs.
- A minimum of 0-5 years of applicable work using computers.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or mathematics from an accredited engineering or technical school required.
- Willing to work in data oriented atmosphere. Must have strong knowledge in computers as data management work is closely related to computer systems.
- Ability to learn and apply a host of statistical analysis tools like Pareto analysis (separating the critical few from the trivial many) and regression analysis.
- Strong understanding of relational data structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Data acquisition, mining, analysis, data integrity management, metrics management and reporting experience.
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner.
EDF Renewable Energy - 15 months ago
EDF Renewable Energy is dedicated in our efforts to create the most efficient renewable energy projects possible, for our own portfolio and...