Work among the best. Be part of the interdisciplinary team that is the hallmark of an academic medical center. The Rehabilitation Services Department includes Occupational and Physical Therapy, Therapeutic Recreation and Speech-Language Pathology. Our professionals provide a broad range of services to our varied patient population with special focus on prevention, preservation, and restoration of mobility, fitness, activities of daily living, communication, cognition, and swallowing. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for an Occupational Therapist.
* Evaluates selected diagnoses using basic techniques accurately for both acute care patients as well as patients in hand rehabilitation.
* Develops and implements treatment plans for patients.
* Documents evaluations, progress notes, and discharge notes.
* Provides educational programs for the Occupational Theraphy Department, other disciplines, including orientation of nursing and medical students.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Occupational Therapy is required.
* Successful completion of/or eligible to sit for the NBCOT/AOTCB national board exam.
* Current (or in the process of obtaining) a Kansas Board of Healing Arts license.
* 0-2 years physical therapy experience.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 13 months ago