This is an exciting position open for a seasoned experienced Senior Organizational Development professional interested in joining an enterprise level HR Department in a growth mode. We are a Fortune 500 enterprise company with strong growth and a supportive structure. We are looking for someone who has or wants to move from product focus to a customer solution focus. Your scope will have a main dept focus but your scale will be a portfolio of business departments open to your expertise for breadth.
As an Organizational Development Consultant you develop and implement strategies and programs for the effective utilization of NetApp's human capital. You work with senior management in the development of solutions through organizational development and cultural and process-oriented perspectives. To be successful in this role, you will utilize skills in coaching, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, process development, analysis and problem solving.
- Develop and implement programs which may include resource planning, leadership and management development and career management in support of business initiatives.
- Consult with employees and managers to address root causes of human resources issues, attempting to resolve employee relations issues with a systematic approach
- Provide a broad range of consultative services to all levels of employees regarding policies and procedures.
- Directs the needs assessment for training and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the company.
- Facilitate communication among employees and management. May guide managers and employees on problem solving, dispute resolution, regulatory compliance and litigation avoidance.
- Provide expertise in strategy development and execution, planning, and facilitation of employee relations efforts.
- Assists with planning, implementation, and on-going maintenance of Labor Relations, Employee Relations, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity, and Compensation Programs.
- Consult with management and employees on Equal Employment Opportunity issues and charges.
- Designs and develops HR training programs for management and employees. Develops and maintains instructional programs.
- May contract with external vendors for employee participation in outside training programs.
- Develops learning activities, audio-visual materials, instructor guides, and lesson plans.
- Review evaluations of training courses, objectives, and accomplishments.
- Consult with management on performance, organizational, and leadership matters.
- Identify/incorporate best practices into program plans.
- Must Have excellent large scale OD project experience utilizing outsources and ecosystems.
- Must Have excellent Leadership development, executive presence and ability to engage and articulate business org design and workforce adjustments.
- Must be strategic as well as hands on and have strong portfolio of business management experience.
- Must have prior high tech experience and experience in a fast pace environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal communication, conflict resolution, change management, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to make formal presentations on a variety of work-related topics.
- Ability to create presentation ready graphics.
- Working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Internet, Outlook. May utilize web content development tools.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization,
- Ability to use judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
Responsibility and Interaction:
- The tasks this individual is responsible for are critical to the organization's future, have wide implications, and there may be multiple outcomes.
- This individual will apply many years of expertise or unique technical/industry knowledge in solving problems that are unique and extremely complex given time, budget and resource constraints.
- Demonstrate leadership and vision in determining and driving strategy decisions, process changes, business initiatives, etc.
- This individual must work effectively with Staff to Executive levels employees within the function, across functions and outside of the organization.
- This individual is a recognized expert and exercises wide latitude in determining own objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
- Is seen as a leader, or 'guru' by others in the function and organization.
Education and Experience
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 15+ years of experience is required.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree is required, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, extremely complex technical projects.
Full time / Part time
USA - California - Sunnyvale (Corporate Headquarters)
NetApp - 2 years ago
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....