- Job Summary
- The Office Assistant performs office responsibilities related to reception, registration and checkout of patients. Demonstrates a commitment to professional accountability and growth to maintain and expand knowledge and skills. Contributes to the achievement of the mission and philosophy of the Organization. Contributes to the effective operations of the Organization by demonstrating dependability in job performance. Must exhibit the F.I.R.S.T. values (Friendliness, Innovation, Respect, Service, and Trust).
- Working Conditions, Hazards and Physical Effort
- Works in a well lighted, ventilated and air conditioned area. Often exposed to unpleasant odors, sights and sounds. Long periods of standing, walking, stooping, heavy lifting and bending are required. There are risks of exposure to disease, infection, physical strain and assault. There are risks of exposure to blood, body fluids, tissue, radiation and anti-neoplastic agents. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. independently.
- Minimum Qualifications or Equivalents
- Education: High school diploma required. College or technical school degree in the secretarial field preferred.
- Experience: Experience in dealing with the public and in all aspects of secretarial duties required. One year experience in physicians office preferred.
- EQUIPMENT USED/SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
Must have highly skilled computer knowledge, also some background knowledge on equipment such as calculator, fax machine, and copiers.
- Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations
Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center - 8 months ago