Provides reception functions and assists in a variety of data entry and clerical support of the Visiting Nurse Association.
- Opens and closes switchboard ensuring lines are transferred successfully.
Routes patient messages from after hour’s service to appropriate staff.
Logs messages in logbook.
- Answers incoming phone calls. Screens and responds pr refers to appropriate department/staff member to provide service.
Takes and writes messages and utilizes computer system to route to appropriate staff.
- Enters all admission information from the weekend into the computer system, and assigns patient identification number.
Makes copies of all second discipline referrals for weekend manager.
- Faxes any changes in HHA schedules and evening nursing schedules to after hours service at the end of each day.
- Maintains a positive working environment by utilizing strong customer service skills with all constituents.
- Completes out-guides for per diem staff each Sunday.
- Opens/closes building, as directed, ensuring security.
- Performs routine and special typing, filing, coping and dissemination of materials utilizing computer system.
- Ensures confidentiality of employee, legal, client/patient, budget and all company matters.
High school diploma or equivalent with secretarial or business experience and knowledge of computers.
One year in business/medical office experience in a busy, complex environment.
Microsoft Office skills.
Elliot Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer.
Elliot Hospital - 6 months ago
When you're laid up in bed, Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) can give you something besides your afternoon soap operas to...