Work among the best. Academic medical centers like The University of Kansas Hospital are at medicine's frontier, providing more options and more hope to our patients. Employees in our administrative positions play a vital role to the success of the organization. Many times, these are the first people that our customers come in contact with, or are the people that our customers rely on to provide directions, medical or financial assistance or confide in for personal needs. As such we value your knowledge and interaction with the customer that enhances their overall experience at our hospital, and makes this a great place to work. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for an Office Coordinator.
· Responsible for patient billing activities including entering and verifying accurate billing information
· Facilitate patient scheduling and assisting with insurance verifications as needed
· Provide support to health team members
· Accounting and managing department supply inventory
· Prepare reports as requested
· Facilitate routine office tasks including but not limited to copying and faxing documents, preparing educational materials and fliers, providing office training to other staff.
· High School Diploma/GED Equivalent is required, Associate's Degree in Health or Communications related field is preferred
· Exceptional communication and phone skills.
· Exceptional computer-based skills. Access or Excel spreadsheet preparation and data entry skills are required.
· Prefer 3 years clerical and customer interaction/service experience.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and adjust to frequently changing environment with many interruptions
The University of Kansas Hospital - 15 months ago