The Community Foundation of Louisville is seeking qualified applications for the position of Office Services Coordinator. This position requires that the individual have a warm, giving and caring and hospitable demeanor that translates into creating a welcoming environment for all of our guests and staff members who are with us by phone, on line, or in person so that each guest and staff member can appreciate the CFL experience.
In addition, this position requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills; strong public and phone presence; the ability to function as part of a team; a passion for community involvement and philanthropy; a sense of humor; and demonstrated proficiency in computer technology. This position reports directly to the President & CEO.
Essential Job Duties
• Receptionist duties including answering the phone, taking messages and greeting guests.
• Daily mail receipt and processing.
• Open the office each day, including making coffee, setting up meeting rooms and tidying up as needed.
• Maintain inventory and supplies for office, including general office supplies and catering supplies.
• Provide assistance with Foundation meetings including catering, meeting set-up and clean-up and other duties associated.
• Responsible for sending greeting cards, tax receipts and acknowledgement letters, and other mailings.
• Review newspaper, including obituaries, for donor related information.
• Assist with mailings and other administrative duties across all departments.
• Office Equipment Maintenance
• Grants assistance including but not limited to verification, updating lists and correspondence with regard to nonprofit status
• Serves as Liaison with building management for problems that come up in our office.
• Coordinate cleaning services and special cleaning projects.
• Other assignments and special projects as assigned by the President & CEO.
• Help with other projects as requested by staff members.
Knowledge, Skills and Talent
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel, Outlook, and Word), and the Internet.
• Knowledge of community foundation database software preferred, Raiser’s Edge.
• Experience in working with confidential information is preferred.
• Office management experience, including records maintenance, equipment operation, purchasing and inventory, as well as administrative skills to coordinate mailings needed.
• Effective communication skills, both oral and written required.
• Customer service orientated and good telephone demeanor a must.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); listening ability; planning, organizing and prioritizing work skills; attention to detail; innovation; working with volunteers; and openness to change needed.
Qualifications and Experience
• High school degree or equivalent experience required; some college or business school preferred.
• Three to five years experience, preferably in office environment where attention to detail, customer service were top priorities required.
• Professional in manner and appearance.
• Personal and professional integrity.
• A commitment to the mission and values of the Foundation.
• Welcomes organizational growth and change.
This position may require the ability to lift objects of at least 20 pounds in weight. Job duties require approximately 75% sitting/typing and 25% standing/walking. Physical requirements will vary depending upon the specific duties to be accomplished. In addition, it is a requirement of this position that the successful candidate be able to maintain a physical presence in the Louisville headquarters offices regularly and consistently and for the regular work week. Attendance may be required at special events during normal working hours or outside the normal work week.
The position is an administrative, full-time, non-exempt staff assignment and will be eligible to participate in the Foundation’s Employee Health and Benefits Plan as set forth in the Foundation’s personnel policies. Compensation will be commensurate with skill level and experience.
The Community Foundation of Louisville is an equal opportunity employer.
All inquiries should be directed to our external hiring firm, Partners in Human Capital Strategies. No calls please.
Applications should include: letter of interest, resume, and three references (to be contacted upon mutual agreement).
All applications should be submitted electronically to Teresa Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be received by May 13, 2013 for consideration.
City of Louisville, KY - 18 months ago