· Must be a minimum 18 years old.
· Unrestricted work authorization in the United States and ability to obtain passport.
· Valid U.S. Driver’s license and clean driving record (see Suzlon DMV screening criteria).
· Ability to climb towers up to 285 feet and to work in all weather conditions.
· Ability to work in confined spaces.
· Ability to handle weight up to 100 pounds.
· Ability to wear full personal protective equipment.
· Willingness to take initiative, organize and plan work and effectively perform without direct supervision.
· Motivated to work rotation shift schedules 24 hours seven days a week.
· Intermediate computer skills utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, email, and management reporting systems.
· Comprehensive writing skills to meet contractual reporting obligations. Excellent English skills to communicate effectively across all customer groups.
· Strong attention to quality and detail as demonstrated by experience in tracking and reporting consumption of parts, usage of tools, time and cost allocation, and accurate document completion.
· Ability to analyze and solve problems independently with a high level of results orientation as demonstrated by identification of non conformities, completion of punch lists and the application of a structured approach to mechanical and electrical troubleshooting.
· Ability to pass climb test and all related Safety, Electrical and Mechanical training.
· Ability to pass pre employment screening requirements (background, drug, DMV, etc.)
EDUCATION, LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
· Technical two-year college degree or a minimum of two years mechanical and electrical trade experience.
· Electrical Journeyman License or equivalent practical experience; knowledge of electrical wire control color coding and ability to read / understand schematics and technical work instructions.
· OSHA 10 certification desired
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
· Responsible for operations, maintenance, and warranty repair of wind turbine generators. Takes proactive actions to prevent or limit failure and optimize turbine efficiency. Responsible for spare parts inventory. Performs all scheduled component maintenance, troubleshoots complicated mechanical and electrical problems, inspects, repairs and replaces parts. Maintains and manages site parts inventory. May work with Construction and Engineering on erection and commissioning activities.
· Strong problem solving aptitude as demonstrated by a minimum of 3 years experience in error analysis and tracking, trouble shooting and performing service maintenance and repairs on either power generation equipment , automotive or HVAC equipment.
· Experience in performing meggar testing and using error analysis, PLC control and test equipment, multimeters, amperage clamps, and high torque bolt tensioning equipment including torque wrenches.
· Travels infrequently.
Suzlon - 8 months ago