Bachelor of Science
Professional License Required
Under the general direction of the Director of Pharmacy Services, the Registered Oncology Pharmacist provides comprehensive pharmaceutical care and work with our Infusion Center , Hematology Oncology Unit and Oncology Physician Practice nursing staff. This individual will have direct contact with our Hematology/Oncology Physicians, Infectious Disease Physicians, and their patients. The Oncology Pharmacist will primarily be involved in providing Clinical/Dispensing services for our Hematology/Oncology practices and patients. The Oncology Pharmacist will also provide Staff Pharmacist/ IV services as needed. The Registered Pharmacist reviews the patient’s medication orders against the patient’s medication profile in accordance with hospital and pharmacy philosophy, policies and procedures and standards. The Registered Pharmacist is committed to customer service, professional accountability and growth.
Utilizes all aspects of the Pharmacy process to meet the age specific needs of the patient in medication education, safety and patient rights into work practice.
- Utilizes all aspects of the Pharmacy process to meet the specific needs of oncology patient in medication education, safety and patient rights into work practice.
· Utilizes and monitors methods of Infection Control, participates in the PI and Risk Management programs, demonstrates competency by completing all established standards.
· Utilizes appropriate steps in the decision making process to include recognition, data collection, priority setting, resource utilization, and offering of suggestions through collaboration with the health care team.
· Productive through punctuality, observing time limits on breaks, using periods of low activity to the pharmacy/ patient benefit, effective time management, consistent level of performance that ensures social/ personal activities do not interfere with work.
· Shows interest and commitment through attendance at in-services, participation in projects/ PI, maturation towards own self development, maintains current required license requirements and maintains and develops knowledge and skills pertaining to oncology.
· Assumes accountability for completion of competency standards and accepts constructive criticism and follows through to implement corrective measures.
· Is cooperative and professional though response to change, assistance to peers and effective communication among the health care team.
· Flexible in staffing and adjustment to assignments.
· Maintains a positive attitude with positive responses requiring conflict resolution.
· Practices cost containment measures.
· Adheres to all WPH policies and procedures, dress code, behavioral standards/code of conduct, customer service, and meets all mandatory in-services and standard for attendance.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training, Licensure and Experience Requirements
Graduate from an accredited school of Pharmacy with minimum of a BS in Pharmacy.
NYS Pharmacist license and Current New York registration required.
2 – 3 years hospital pharmacy experience;
Minimum three (3) of annual CE requirements must be in Chemotherapy/Oncology.
Oncology Certification by NYSCHP or BPS or equivalent preferred.
Experience in hematology oncology and infusion center operations preferred.
Successful completion of Hospital and Departmental Orientation Program, according to hospital and Pharmacy policy and procedure.
- Ability to act in a professional capacity and serve as a professional role model
White Plains Hospital - 19 months ago
White Plains Hospital is a voluntary, not-for-profit health care organization with the primary mission of offering high quality, acute...