FINCA International, one of the world's leading microfinance institutions provides financial services to over 1,000,000 clients through 23 wholly-owned and operated subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin American and the Greater Middle East. FINCA International’s Enterprise Risk Management team is seeking an intern to research and record the causes and impacts of operational risk events affecting its global network of subsidiaries. This is a unique opportunity to learn about microfinance and Enterprise Risk Management through interaction with a broad range of stakeholders.
The intern will conduct a series of interviews and desk analyses to understand the causes and immediate and long-term impacts of a select number of operational risk events. The intern will use qualitative and quantitate data to develop a “lessons learned” database for presentation to FINCA’s Enterprise Risk Management team and donors.
Time Commitment and Compensation:
- Minimum 15 hours per week of volunteer time over a four-month period
- Because the intern will be conducting interviews with stakeholders in different time zones, we are requesting scheduling flexibility
- This is an unpaid internship
- Excellent research, writing, and analytical skills; problem solving skills; initiative
- Professional attitude; ability to work with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multitask and complete projects on time and with keen attention to detail
- Self-motivated, able to successfully complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Graduate student pursuing a degree in a related field
FINCA International - 13 months ago