After nearly a century of protecting people and building futures, Pekin Insurance™ is dedicated to go beyond. Beyond the expected. ™ Our rule is golden: Give our customers what we would want ourselves. Give them service that goes the extra mile and products that meet both today’s need as well as tomorrow’s. Give our customers the financial stability that provides what we all want in today’s world: peace of mind.
Pekin Insurance is one of the top P&C insurance companies in the United States and ranks 107th out of approximately 3,000 companies which makes us the top 4% of P&C insurance companies in the nation. Serving the Midwest, Pekin Insurance boasts more than 850,000 policyholders and offers a broad portfolio of products sold by an independent agency force.
Our over 700 Home Office and Service Office employees lead by example in a team-effort environment where each member takes part in the decision-making process, while remaining committed to going Beyond the expected™ in all their endeavors.
For more information, visit www.pekininsurance.com
IT Operations Manager
This role is responsible for guiding and overseeing the Operations staff. This role will develop and approve the processes, deliverables, and governance involved with Service Management within Operations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Education/Skills and Experience:
- Manage staff to accomplish goals in a timely, cost-effective manner
- Assess skill set of the Operations team and develop appropriate training and education plans for each member.
- Conduct performance appraisals for members of the Computer Operations staff
- Conduct semi-annual one-on-one meetings with Operations team member to discuss performance
- Assess the effectiveness of the Computer Operations processes and deliverables and authorize changes to make them more effective
- Accountable for completion of Nightly Pass and associated backups.
- Ensure Computer Operations processes are aligned with the ITIL Framework.
- Approve all procedures and standards related to the Computer Operations area.
- Authorize actions to be taken to realign initiatives with the Enterprise Strategy
- Accountable for maintenance of computer center software and hardware.
- Authorize contractual arrangements with external organizations as appropriate
- Assess skill set of the Computer Operations staff
- Oversee the communication of information with Senior Management
- Develop a collaborative relationship with other departments and areas
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (Associate’s degree considered)
- Prior management experience required.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills are essential
- Analytical skills, innovativeness, having good planning and organizational skills, and being able to present ideas in a clear and concise manner is needed.
- Experience in a computer center operations environment is a plus
- Approved Insurance Designation
- This job is generally conducted in normal office environment
- On-going training and education will be required and travel may be required
- This job is generally performed sitting at a desk working on a computer.
- The incumbent will be required to sit for long periods of time at a computer
- The incumbent will be required to use their hands to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls
- Health & Vision Plan
- Pension Plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible spending account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation Time and Paid Holiday
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts on Auto and Homeowners policies
- On-Site Café
Pekin Insurance - 18 months ago
WE SELL PROTECTION AND HELP BUILD FUTURES. AT PEKIN INSURANCE, WE PROVIDE PEACE OF MIND AND LONG-TERM SECURITY FOR OUR POLICYHOLDERS,...