CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States. The company provides broadband, voice and wireless services to consumers and businesses across the country and advanced entertainment services under the CenturyLink™ Prism™ TV and DIRECTV brands. In addition, the company provides data, voice and managed services to business, government and wholesale customers in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber optic network and multiple data centers. CenturyLink also is recognized as a leader in the network services market by key technology industry analyst firms, and is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprises through Savvis, a CenturyLink company. CenturyLink’s customers range from Fortune 500 companies in some of the country’s largest cities to families living in rural America. Headquartered in Monroe, LA., CenturyLink is a S&P500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations. For more information, visit www.centurylink.com.
Operations Technician 2
Position Purpose :
This customer facing position is responsible for providing one-call-resolution to customer reported 1+ Long Distance, Toll Free, and International problems. The incumbent works with customers, LECs, Voice & Data repair organizations, as well as other internal CenturyLink work groups.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Create trouble ticket which summarizes customer repair issue
- Perform trouble isolation and resolution on customer reported problems associated with the service reporting the problem
- Engage additional Technical Assistance teams to assist with trouble resolution
- Follow up and closure of assigned trouble tickets
- Associate’s degree plus 5 years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of technical experience working with customers, networks, communication equipment and/or electronics equipment
- Understanding of switch translations and IP routing
- Next Generation soft switch, DMS-250 or DMS-500 switch translations
- Ability to work all shifts in a 24 x 7 environment
- MS Office application suite
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently with lead technician or supervisor assistance
- Experience meeting work deadlines
- Must be able to multitask
- Experience working on complex translations troubles and/or maintenance assignments related to network switching equipment in order to resolve complex trouble tickets
- Able to apply SS7, routing, and translations knowledge to resolve trouble reports
- Experience with ISDN circuits and troubleshooting practices to include common ISDN troubles
- Experience working with software and hardware tools to remotely identify and diagnose WAN problems.
- Ability to understand and isolate physical layer problems.
- Familiarity with long distance and international dialing and routing
- Ability to work with offnet carriers (LEC, CLEC, ILEC) and/or vendors to resolve trouble issues Company Statement CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future. Disclaimer The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
- 2 years ago - save job