CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States. The company provides broadband, voice and wireless services to consumers and businesses across the country and advanced entertainment services under the CenturyLink™ Prism™ TV and DIRECTV brands. In addition, the company provides data, voice and managed services to business, government and wholesale customers in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber optic network and multiple data centers. CenturyLink also is recognized as a leader in the network services market by key technology industry analyst firms, and is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprises through Savvis, a CenturyLink company. CenturyLink’s customers range from Fortune 500 companies in some of the country’s largest cities to families living in rural America. Headquartered in Monroe, LA., CenturyLink is a S&P500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations. For more information, visit www.centurylink.com.
Operations Technician 3 – Federal Network Operations Center (FEDNOC)
There is an opening for Operations Technician 3 in the Federal Network Operations Center (FEDNOC). The Operations Technician 3 position is responsible for providing expertise and advanced technical support to CenturyLink customers and mentor less experienced team members. This position interfaces with internal CenturyLink departments, outside vendors, carriers and end user customers. This position has direct impact on the resolution of complex trouble situations. This customer facing position is responsible for providing Superior Service to customer MTIPS, MNS, IP, ATM/Frame, VoIP, and related 8xx, 1+ long distance reported troubles. The incumbent works with customers, vendors, LECs, Voice & Data repair organizations, as well as other internal CenturyLink workgroups.
- Solves complex problems by substantial evaluation, analysis and modification or adaptation of advanced techniques.
- Assumes accountability as a resource for decisions required across multiple functional segments.
- Individual reduces adverse impacts to service, cost, due dates and identifies inefficiencies.
- Provides near term focus of resolution of immediate issues. In addition, provides long term or strategic solutions.
- Takes full ownership and accountability in areas assigned.
- Takes independent action and rarely requires guidance, often proactively take the lead on technical issues/concerns.
- Associate’s degree plus 8 years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
General Work Competencies / Abilities:
- Experience working on complex translations troubles and/or maintenance assignments related to network switching equipment to resolve trouble tickets.
- Basic knowledge of IP architecture and IP routing.
- Test knowledge of DS0/DS1 circuits.
- Understanding of ISDN circuits and troubleshooting practices.
- Experience working with software and hardware tools to remotely identify and diagnose WAN problems.
- Previous experience troubleshooting complex network problems involving power, network hardware, routers, CSU, or carrier services.
- Has ability to understand and isolate physical layer problems.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, routing protocols, and IP addressing.
- Experience with basic commands in Cisco, Juniper, Shasta routers and or UNIX commands.
- Familiarity with long distance and international dialing and routing.
- Responsible for identifying and resolving customer reported trouble.
- Proactively identifies and resolves ticketed trouble.
- Answers customer calls during overflow/outage situations.
- Updates status to our customers on an hourly basis.
- Works with local and international exchange carriers to resolve trouble.
- Detailed understanding of DS0/1 and 3 circuits: point to point, private line, and ethernet
- Strong technical skill level working on complex assignments within the network systems (installation and/or maintenance).
- Ability to resolve complex network problems involving power, network hardware/software, lines, routers, firewalls, modems and terminals.
- Ability to use software/hardware tools to identify and diagnose network status and problems.
- Experience conducting installation and maintenance on complex network monitoring equipment.
- Ability to resolve complex trouble tickets.
- Apply excellent customer service skills
- The desire to work in a complex 24x7 call center.
- Demonstrated proficiency with trouble ticketing application as well as other internal tools
- The ability to work off hours/on call and during holidays
- Expertise Mentoring/Training/Coaching team members Company Statement CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future. Disclaimer The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Qwest Communications - 2 years ago