At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 16 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place. |
With 127 stores in 31 states, REI offers unique benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including an excellent total compensation package, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals, healthcare coverage for full- and part-time employees, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoption assistance and paid sabbaticals after 15 years of service.
Our Outdoor Programs and Outreach division seeks committed, service-oriented individuals who are passionate about providing inspirational experiences to our customers through outdoor educational and recreational programs. Join our Outdoor Programs and Outreach team where you will find supportive leadership, a committed staff and an engaging work culture.
• 3+ years experience in coordinating outdoor and community engagement programs (outdoor education, volunteer events, outdoor recreational events and activities)
• 3+ years experience in event production/execution
• 1+ years experience in business-focused social media program execution
• 1+ years experience in managing budgets
• Passion for preserving and recreating in the outdoors
• Strong identification with REI’s customer service philosophy; ability to effectively resolve difficult customer issues
• Valid driver’s license with no negative incidents and ability to acquire commercial driver’s license which includes medical screen and the ability to pass drug screen.
• Mid-level PC skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, Publisher.
At REI, we understand that benefits matter – we offer a competitive offering which includes:
- Comprehensive health and well-being programs
- A competitive bonus/ incentive program
- REI Retirement Plan
- Generous gear discount
- Paid time off
- Professional growth and development opportunities
A work environment where RESPECT, INTEGRITY, and BALANCE are just a few of our fundamental values!
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
REI is a national outdoor retail cooperative, committed to inspiring, educating and outfitting for a lifetime of outdoor adventures. Founded...