The Operations Portfolio Review (OPR) department is responsible for non customer initiated credit line changes (increases and decreases), as well as account reviews to determine if charging privileges can be reinstated. OPR objectives include:
- Mitigate losses by taking appropriate adverse action on more risky segments; educate cardmember, enroll direct pay, etc.
- Grow receivables by soliciting and granting line increases on lower risk accounts; promote card usage, enroll in CBB programs, etc.
- Make outbound, receive inbound calls via automated dialer
- Reviews account history and customer credit report to assist in determining appropriate action for the account (line increase/decrease, suspend/unsuspend, etc.)
- Probes to better understand customer's situation in regards to; income, employment, housing, major life events, etc.
- Determines customer's ability to pay by calculating debt to income ratio
- Classifies account risk level
- Effectively communicates decision to customer, which includes: promoting relevant Discover Card benefits and tools to help the customer spend smarter and manage debt better (i.e. Usage/Cash Back Bonus, Direct Payment Plan, Paydown Planner, Spend Analyzer, etc.)
Internal Candidates must also have;
- Provides a high level of customer service, even in difficult and tense situations
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to make decisions with little procedural guidance
- Ability to manage multiple computer programs simultaneously, while maintaining relevant conversation with the customer
- Successful Contributor or higher on last Performance Evaluation
- Six months or more in current position
Seems cardholders aren't the only ones getting paid to discover. Discover Financial Services is best known for issuing Discover-brand credit...