Integrated Medical Systems International, Inc. - IMS addresses the readiness and the flow of surgical instruments from the central sterile department through the operating room suite, helping to build a bridge between the two. IMS has developed proven programs for instrument care, repair, restoration, education, minimally invasive surgical support and central sterile department processes.
We are currently seeking to hire for the position of OR Liaison. We’re looking for someone with a strong knowledge of the industry, proven interpersonal skills, solid communication, high drive and energy, and the ability to build relationships within a facility. Experience the pride and prestige of working with a successful company committed to first class service offerings. Again, successful leadership of building and maintaining relationships is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Serves as the “point” person (customer service specialist) with OR/SPD personnel and physicians to resolve issues that may arise before, during, and after a case.
· Communicates with the IMS/SPD staff prior to any/all surgical cases to ascertain specific instrument and supply needs and ensures these items are available. Resolves issues or offers alternatives when necessary.
· Identifies instrumentation related to tray additions and reconfigurations and communicates order needs to CSPM Manager.
· Performs data collection duties for tracking on the Daily Service Planning Worksheet (i.e. O.R. Complaints, Tray Errors/QA, Total Cases, Total Add-Ons, Count Sheets).
· Assists in and monitors projects on an as needed basis (case carts, trauma carts, building surgeon’s specialty sets, etc.), assists in the creation (as needed) and aids in the maintenance of physician preference cards. Report findings and revisions to the CSPM Manager.
· Consults with OR and SPD staff to identify and implement revisions to instrument trays, naming conventions, count sheets, and methods of specialty instrument identification (taping).
· Reviews surgery schedule to determine loaner/vendor instrumentation availability.
· Assists in the education of OR and SPD staff on an as needed basis.
· Provides in-services to IMS staff in conjunction with monthly staff meeting and as needed related to new equipment.
· Monitors “Priority List” to ensure instrumentation is ready and available for all first cases of the day as well as instrumentation that must be reprocessed for “to follow” procedures.
· Assists in the reprocessing of instrumentation in the SPD department on an as needed basis.
· Adheres to IMS' dress requirements in street and O.R. attire. Appearance is neat and well-groomed at all times.
· Interacts daily with OR Coordinators/Team Leaders to identify needs and resolve issues.
Education and/or Experience
· Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Previous experience as a surgical technician is preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
· IMS offers a competitive benefit package for all eligible employees and their eligible dependents. For more information, please visit the benefits page on our website. http://www.imsready.com/careers/careers_benefits.aspx
IMS was originally founded as a surgical instrument repair provider. Fast-forward 20-plus years and IMS now touches virtually every facet of...