Position Summary: Protects, promotes, and optimizes health and abilities. Prevents illness and injury. Advocates for patients and their families. Under immediate supervision, performs selected and delegated nursing tasks in the care of patients. Ensures all actions taken in carrying out responsibilities support patient centered care.
• Prepares and provides patient transport for pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
• Cleans and disinfects patient and non-patient care areas. Cleans and disinfects all types of body fluids and hazardous waste.
• Retrieves and decontaminates reusable patient medical equipment between patient use according to established procedures.
• Assists in the preparation of the operating room suite, opens sterile supplies to the sterile scrub staff, and obtains needed equipment as designated by OR Nurse or Scrub Technician.
• Performs duties such as connecting/disconnecting oxygen, monitors, suction, power and light cords outside of the sterile field as directed.
• Clears OR room pass-through, restocks blanket warmers, and restocks hall cabinets as needed.
• Assists in patient positioning to preserve skin integrity, checking with nursing staff and anesthesia to maintain the patient in a position that assures there is adequate padding for nerve preservation.
• Restocks OR suites and other assigned areas. Checks for expirations in assigned areas.
Required Qualifications :
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Basic Life Support (BLS) training, or within 90 days of hire and must maintain throughout employment
Preferred Qualifications :
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Patient Care Technician (CNA-Certified Nurse Assistant)
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience :
• Ability to understand and communicate oral and written English.
• Ability to pursue and foster a sense of team and partnership across all disciplines.
• Ability to assist nursing personnel with patients.
• Ability to function promptly and appropriately under stressful conditions.
• Ability to consider age, growth and development when providing care.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Experience :
• Skill in the use of specialized equipment and or techniques.