- Participates in surgery by scrubbing for all types of surgical procedures under the direct supervision of an RN.
- Anticipates the needs of the surgeon, which includes passing instruments, sutures and other items appropriate to the procedure.
- Assists the surgeon by retracting tissue, holding instrumentation to provide exposure and cutting sutures under the direct supervision of the surgeon.
- Sterilizes and verifies instruments are sterile prior to procedures.
- Assists with pulling cases, obtains supplies and equipment.
- Prepares the operating room by opening sterile supplies, instruments and sutures based on scheduled procedure.
- Assists the circulating nurse with implementing a plan of care to include positioning, confirmation of operative site, care of specimens and room turnover.
- On the job training with related healthcare experience or completion of OR surgical technician program and/or licensed practical nurse program.
- HS diploma or equivalent
Capital Health - 10 months ago
Capital Health System (CHS) serves the residents of New Jersey's capital city through two hospitals -- Helene Fuld Medical Center and...