The Surgical Technologist performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures.
- Prepares sterile instrument table.
- Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
- Positions patient according to type of surgery.
- Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- Maintains work area.
- Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the procedure.
- Graduate of a formal surgical technologist program or equivalent training.
- Current BLS certification thru American Heart Association
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist required.
- Detail-oriented with ability to sustain concentration over long periods of time.
- Previous Open Heart experience as Surgical Technologist
HCA Inc - 22 months ago
In the process of Level II Trauma designation, the first in the area!
Work and play at Lake Malone!
Serene location, compassionate staff,...